Skills for pure mage.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Woundead, Dec 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Woundead

Woundead New Member

What skills should I put in if I want to be a soloing mage?(preferly not battle-mage)

2. Lycander

Lycander New Member

necromatic white is a must whereas u can try harm as an offensive spell.(many pple recomend dat)

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Not sure what you mean by battle-mage. When I fly solo, I use Fire and Earth spells to boost my strength before fights.

4. Mael

Mael New Member

you can also try hasten and tempus fugit

5. carlstar

carlstar New Member

you gotta have stun. become a master and it only costs 5mp. the lock picing spell too.
    prowing is good too. be a master so you can run and sneak.

have high con and will power of course oh and dex.
    and remember, every piont into melee is just slowly turng you into another fighter but have the stillwater blade. those crazy zorpal bunnies. you know. killing machines they are.

6. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

If you put one CP into Fire and one into Earth, you will eventually be able to boost yourself to 20 STR and 16 DEX or vice-versa.
    Seems like a pretty good trade-off to me. Just crank up the points in WILL and INT.

7. Just a guy

Just a guy New Member

if your going to be a mage, get harm and boost dext to 20. you can fire off about 7 harm spells a round and kill everything before your party even gets to it. untill you get your dex up to 20 use the first level fire spell. it raises your dex temporaraly. also get the shield spell. if you do that then you become almost invincible in combat. i never even use my weapon.

8. Lycander

Lycander New Member

9. Winuz

Winuz New Member

yes harm is very usefull, its fast, okey damage and if you are master only 2-3 fatique.

10. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Get Unlocking Cantrip, Teleportation, Agility of Fire, Wall of Fire, Fireflash, Harm, Create Undead, and the whole of White Necronmantic.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Are you than old time D&D player, That was one of the few rules they have that I just hate that magic user cannot use sword or wear armour.
    There is no just thing as than pure mage. There is just time when you donot want to waste the points you must pay to cast harm on than lowly rat as you might need it those point later on in
    the same battle so it you have points in melee you can use than sword without hurten yourself.
    In almost very fantansy novel I read magic user have use melee or bow weapon to attack or
    defence thenself.
    I like the 4th edition D&D BOOK(3rd edition as their are not counting the original
    D&D.}.

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Also blur sight is than other useful spell to
    learn.

13. Lycander

Lycander New Member

would anybody recomend learning the summon demon n familiar spell?

14. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

15. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

definately go for temporal, hasten in particular, i ALWAYS had that going with my mage char/game really comes in useful during battles and if you master it you never have to worry about the fatigue cost

16. Nugget of Joy

Nugget of Joy New Member

best solo-mage spells

Although I never solo, I usually get all of necro white, temporal and force, as well as getting entangle and fireflash. However, I'm just starting a new char and mastering force instead, because of how good people say it is. Anyway, with judicious use of tempus fugit (turn it off after a battle) and plenty of greater fatigue restores, as well as black necro mastery (so harm only costs 2 fatigue) most monsters never get to me, or my party members :smile: Whoops! I meant fatigue potions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nugget of Joy on 2001-12-22 10:50 ]</font>

17. johtib

johtib New Member

Well, I've reached the highest level in Force, Summoning and Conveyance. I find them very useful. I usually summon one or two deamons and cast the Shield spell on them. Haven't met anything they couldn't kill yet. The Teleportation spell is one of the best spells if you ask me. No more walking.

Our Host!