saint stop ur ****** whining

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PiccoloSMU, Sep 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

if u dont like the game so much why are u even here? just STFU and return the game

2. The Roshambo Warrior

The Roshambo Warrior New Member

Reach between your legs:

Get a firm grasp.
    Tug hard.

Hopefully it will fix your problem.
    [edit by Calis]
    Hey man,

Mind not posting pics like that on this forum again? Ever? [/edit by Calis]

It's called a "critique". I like Fallout, yet I can critique it, and many other games. It shows what I like, what I don't like, whatever.

Everyone should be entitled to their opinion, yet your rather childish outburst was a startling show of immaturity. More like temper tantrum than anything.

Oh, did you forget to notice that he LIKES Arcanum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-09-06 10:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-09-06 10:33 ]</font>

3. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

I don't like PARTS of the game. The level cap is obnoxiously low, the multiplayer is horrid, and there are some balance issues.

It's called "feedback", twit. I'm not going to gloss over the game's weaknesses simply because I work for an Arcanum fan site. In fact, since Troika seems to be tweaking the balances, I'd say they are aware there are problems, wouldn't you?

Also, how stupid is it to flame an admin on their own forum? In case you're clueless on the subject, it's pretty damned stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saint_Proverbius on 2001-09-06 02:40 ]</font>

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

5. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

heh well if admin is bein abnoctious on his own forum who else will flame him

6. The Roshambo Warrior

http://www.hop.com
    http://www.learntoread.com

----End Courtesy Links----

Obnixious, or perhaps giving feedback and critique?

Ah, wait...who's being "abnoctious" (sic) now? Smells like a troll, making a whole new thread to get attention.

Go play in the traffic if you want attention.

7. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

ah, don't go the inn on us, avoid flames, if not i fear that i must silence the fire maker.

Compendre?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-09-06 03:02 ]</font>

8. Saint_Proverbius

You know, the sad part is that I spelled "obnoxious" correctly for the child in my post.

I bet Pic's favorite toy as a child was the plastic bag he spent hours playing SpaceMan with.

Ground Control to Major Tom, you're turning blue again!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saint_Proverbius on 2001-09-06 06:02 ]</font>

9. Aldin

Aldin New Member

SP = Spam Poster

now, now Saint, tell the truth. You're just 'critiqueing' Arcanum to increase your post count and look good. All this so-called critique is just a bunch of spam. I mean, do you really think Troika cares about this game or it's fans. Geez, that would make them a pretty unique dev team. A team like that would come in on the Saturday of a three day weekend to fix a patch bug just so people wouldn't have a three day wait to play... oh wait, they did! Continue on about your business... :lol:
    ~Aldin

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Okay Roshambo why are you acting like a constant backup for Saint? I noticed it in a few topics already. My point is that I had enough 'opinion exchange process' (to present it as an euphemism) with Saint to know that he can speak for himself. No offense but are you trying to get a custom status pic or what? :wink: It reminds me of that perk in F:T which gave you a greater rank for being nice to those in charge.

11. The Roshambo Warrior

No problem, Calis. Probably should have asked Prov in advance about it. My fault, and no worries.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I want a custom pic too, booo!
    I'm not going to lend you my Max Payne action figure with LIVE! slowmo anymore.

13. Section8

Section8 New Member

And here I was thinking that it was only the Fallout community that tried telling Saint to STFU. :smile:

He's entitled to an opinion, and I don't see why he should hold it back. And besides, from a game developers perspective it really helps when fans actually offer their full opinions on the game, rather than the diluted corporate funded reviews on major online games publications.

And besides, as much as I love Arcanum and have done absolutely nothing else in my spare time, I think that _most_ of the stuff Saint has complained about is pretty close to the mark.

BTW Rosh: Let me guess, the same pic you serve up to anyone mentioning FOOL or FO FPS games? :smile:

14. The Roshambo Warrior

I think you pretty well hit the mark there, Gareth.

:smile:

Both points too, about the pic and about critiques. Hell, that's why a lot of those who know me in the gaming world generally like and loathe me at the same time. Might be blunt and to the point, and poke a bit of harsh fun too, but I'm truthful of the matter. Sometimes my dark irony flies over some people's heads, but for the most part the message gets across.

The sphincter-sucking reviews by those like PCGamer and the rest don't convey the whole truth, because are they going to alienate those that give them sneak previews and such like funding them for advertising.

With fan sites, it's a sort of iffy situation. Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't work that way.

So that's why I've always said - you want to read arsekissing reviews, go buy a magazine in which that game has been advertised in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Roshambo Warrior on 2001-09-07 06:10 ]</font>

15. Saint_Proverbius

I'd like Arcanum to be all it can be. If I didn't care, I doubt I would have written that two page statement, and mailed it to them, on how turn based could work in multiplayer.

I'd like to see tech characters at low level have the same opportunity as a magick char as well.

Then again, Pic would like to flame people who even mention the game having a problem. Grow up, Pic.

Our Host!