Real time vs. Turn-based

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zexaqaxez, Nov 11, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

My character is basically a fighter type, relies mostly on hack-and-slash in combat situations. I generally use turn-based instead of real time. Mostly to avoid hitting my own guys (which has happened to me... is there something I am missing?) Does this make me a bit of a wussy? Really I'm just curious as to whether there are those who have the "real fighters use real time" attitude, because it IS more difficult. Just curious, but sarcastic replies are welcome, too.

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

My only attempt to use turn-base was back at the crash site with those wolves since I need to increase my experience points. But an alternative would be to ignore the wolves and go to Shrouded Hills and gain experience there. Increase your stats and then go back and kill those wolves. So I'd say go with real time.

3. origo

origo New Member

I'm not a quake fan, i don't have supreme control of mouse, so i use turn based almost always. I found realtime useful when fighting real strong enemies (13 level gnome with pistol against ore golem)- they come after me, i keep retreating while my followers deal with this problem.

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. exhile

exhile New Member

i love the tech. characters and i never use turn based (although it could have advantages in certain situation i'm sure)...i usually make my characters wait, lay out a bunch of traps and....throw a couple of explosives...fire a couple of shots and run to my followers...at this point it's usually all over...

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I switch between both, depending on the situation...easy enemies I can handle are usually in turn based (more experience) tough enemies are realtime, which my party kicks arse in...

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I noticed the game is too dman boring on turn based all those random ecounters with 1 kite or wolf and the game was stopping. It would take ages to finish I passed 95% of the game on real time and the really taugh parts on turn based. If not the real time. I would be dead before I got to the vendigrtoth ruins, of boredom

8. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Arcanum has a really poor turn based system... now fallout is something completely different... Other then the poor development of turn-based, it's also full of bugs which real time doesn't have. Besides with my hack'n'slash orc I played and the dog, I just used real time and dog and my cahr killed everyone in a few seconds without be doing anything.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

*Sarcasm* Wow Ioo, you're really good...revolutionary tactics there...:smile:.

Our Host!