re: quick deletion of rocks, trees and plants.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by crispy, Aug 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. crispy

crispy New Member

I'm a modding noobie. I apologize.

Is there a quick, easy way to delete rocks, trees and plants? I set down a field, then I paved it in preparation for building a large city. Unfortunately, my streets were filled with rocks and trees and plants. Is there a way to quickly and easily get rid of these, short of clicking and deleting each one? I could just set down a big patch of water, then pave over it, but I'd like to build my city next to a cliff, which introduces difficulties with terrain.

Suggestions?
    Crispy.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes, ignore that entire part in the Amtut tutorial that talks about weeding entire sectors. BAD BAD BAD!!!

Instead, use the little 'mini-map' in the bottom left. Pick a terrain and paint your map with it. It places default forest, weed free ocean etc... as you go. Anyway, play around with the mini-map and you'll see what you can do with it.

As for building a town. I built a town in a forest, and had to remove most of the trees as I built. Yes, it's annoying, but even when using the mini-map, there's still some areas that will need 'fine tuning' unfortunately.

Our Host!