One container that REALLY bugs me!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Akela, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Akela

Akela New Member

OK, Here in the question: Did anyone open that safe in Tarant museum? Whats in it?Spells fail(Well the thing is tech!),so what lvl of lockpick skill am I to have in order to open IT?

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I forced it with a Fate Point. It's got a map to a hidden location and three items to use once you're there.
    ~Aldin

3. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

You must use your fate point. Even a hacked character can't open it. The stuff inside is pretty important also, as it is related to the Iron Clan quest. Haven't try blowing it open with plastic explosives yet?

4. Akela

Akela New Member

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Even as a master in locks picking?

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

I'm surprised you can unlock it useing a fate point considering it takes a special schm to make the key and a componant, that if I understand right, has only 2 in the whole game.

7. Helcallach

Helcallach New Member

The place to which it points you to is pretty pointless, since there you'll only be told to find xxx. The problem is that this xxx is, actually, very hard to miss when completing the main game quest.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

No matter since it's not part of the main quest. Just an addition to my XPs.

9. rev

rev New Member

****SPOILER****opening the locked safe

If you go to the Wheel Clan (check the walkthroughs for there or the main quest) someone gives you a quest to find out about the Iron Clan.. and he gives you a schematic for the Iron Key (Mithril Ore and Heartstone) which will open the locked safe in question. Not sure what crazy tech-skills you need to pull the key off, but you can probably buy some books to jack up your tech skill in order to make the key as a non-techie. I'll try that angle with my mage later.

10. Criton

Criton New Member

Where would I buy Tech Books to up my skills?

11. lawson t fuckup

lawson t fuckup New Member

from a dwarf in the bit of tarant university where the demonologist is

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you can skip all that brahim crap by braking into the stand at nigh in the house of the owner of the tsen ang location realated quest just to get the location

13. Dakun

Dakun New Member

silly

you don't need any tech skills to make the iron key. mithral + heartstone (3 in game, 2 for god quest, one for key). You can do the quest as soon as you get to tarant (w/ a fate point) but you don't get the exp or anything untill you get to the wheel clan part and have someone actually ask you about it.

thats about it... the tech manuals are basically to help a mage make custom schematics... or to give a techy skill in a disciplin he doesn't know in order to make a found schematic. they can be bought for 750 gold a piece from the bookseller in the back of the tarant historians society building. they give you skill = your int per book.

peace

jamie

14. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Man will you K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) Get a stick of dynamite or a molotov cocktail and BLOW that mother appart.

15. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Regarding the tech mauals: those things are heavy! If you need several of them, have a place to stash them.

Our Host!