New Char

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Crazed_Cow2069, Aug 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Crazed_Cow2069

Crazed_Cow2069 New Member

ok i am thinking about geting this game but i'm not sure what to pick if someone could tell me a good char and a little idea of how to use it i would be very great full, thank you

:cool:_ :minigun: (kill the smoker)

2. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Aaahh, but that's the great about Arcanum, you can choose the character you want to play. If you want to play a mage, do that, if you'd rather play a fighter, do that, if you're into the tech business, make such a char. My own favorite is tech-diplomats, that's a build that involves almost no fighting.

It's easy making a super-character, pure melee and dodge, but it's too easy that way.

3. Luinil

Luinil New Member

thiefs also make the game very easy. magic is a lot easier than technology, the simplest would prbly be what sierra suggests, a half ogre with melee and dodge

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: You simply must buy Arcanum! It is one of the best rpg's ever created. Long live technology!

5. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

If you like traditional RPG's this is the game to get.
    I am still in my first run and I am playing a Half-ling Thief.
    It actually provides a true ROLE PLAYING expreience, vs. Hack and slash games where a thief is just a weak fighter who can use mage items.

Combat IS an important (constant and frequent) part of the game, but not as heavy or boring as, say, Bladur's Gate.

This is just my opinion.
    I though about buying the game for two weeks, then decided to go for it and here I am, already planning another character as soon as I can get it over with!

6. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The easiest char to play is a gnomeish only child with 17 con (use amulet of kan-el and mr franklins ring) get force, black necromancy and white necromancy spells aswell as all others that look nice. By lvl 20 you'll be unstoppable.

7. piff133

piff133 New Member

I like the varied charcter, a little magic, a little tech., a lot of thieving and fighting skills, a little persuasion. (Is the game possible without at least 2 points here!?!?)

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

The game is possible, but with a lot more combat and some quests that you will not get.

I never spent a point in Sugestion and here I am, close to the end.

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Menkhur, I believe persuasion is the word you were looking for. Now I may seem a little anal for bringing it up, but in my opinion if your going to bother to awnswer a posted question and consider yourself an authority, you owe it to us to at least get the details right.

10. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

better git the hose pa, the young-uns are fightin' gain :roll:

11. Balston

Balston New Member

:eek: I am playing a human melee/dodge fighter with smithy and herbs(or whatever it is that you can make healing salves with). I have two followers but i do most of the fighting. Oh yeah....I am lvl 40 and haven;t even finished in the Black Mountain Mines yet. :cool:_

12. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Persuasion is not a vital skill at all, Ive completed the game with only 1 charisma easily. Oh yes and get Arcanum, it rocks.

Our Host!