Mysterious Red In DX...not from injury

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rahb, Sep 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rahb

Rahb New Member

I heard that you could get negative modifiers from "evil" items. Any clue how to remove. I had 13 dx and its now down to 6. Really f-ed up my character

2. Ioo

Ioo New Member

you probably used that cursed sword from old sewers - blackstone if i remmber right. -4 dex each time u equip permemantly, that's a bad trick to put that thing in the game:_)

3. Rahb

Rahb New Member

anyway to get rid of that???

BTW thanks for posting

4. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I dont think you can get rid of that...except maybe a medallion i once found that took of my red from beauty...tho maybe it was +1 beauty or scar remover, and not curse remover... that's pretty much it for ur DEX... i dunno why use that sword in first place... it's pretty weak till u ID it, and there in the sewers i found a mystic great sword, which was alot better. that chance of flash to stone isnt worth 4 dx:)

5. Rahb

Rahb New Member

I didn't equip it when it was cursed my guy must have dropped his weapon and then autoequiped it.

6. Elrond

Elrond New Member

ALWAYS identify unidentified armor. I had such thing once, when I got an unidentified helm. I looted it from the body of the Lord of the Damned. And what did I expect, I wonder? When I identified it, it was already too late -- just the fact that I put it on my head ONCE, made me aligned -20. Cool, hah? If you remove this helm and then put it on again, you'll get additional -20, and so on until you become the most evil monster in whole Arcanum. By the way, this is very handy, if you want join up with Geoffrey Tarrelond-Ashe, but he says you're too NOBLE for him. Just put this Dark Helm on once or twice, and you are noble no more... He he...

And again -- NEVER use unidentified armor.

Regarding red DX... When I used so-called "Chill Shield", I got several stats "redded" simultaneously -- DX, PE, CN. And my fatigue points went down catastrophycally. But as soon as I removed it, it returned to normal states.

Our Host!