mastering skills

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by daleca, Sep 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. daleca

daleca New Member

I know that mages can only master one school of spells..ie necro Black. But what about skills? I'm a master meleer but when I killed sir stout to get my mastery in dodge I couldnt get his eyes. How do I acquire them? I clicked on his corpse but all that gave me was poison and armor and an axe. Where are the eyes? Can I only master one area? Help I'd like to master both melee and dodge.

2. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hmm

i know you can master more then one skill (ie.. i have pickpocket,picklock,backstab,prowling and melee)

and dodge/haggle/persuasion ..

about melee and dodge.. since the quests are intertwined.. im not sure... let me check, ill brb hehe

jamie

3. Dakun

Dakun New Member

k

i hope you have an old save file hehe.

to do both:

talk to sir garrut. find the chick he likes, bring her back (say whatever you need to (promise to kill garrut works). have him train you to master in melee, the girl begs you not to leave her to that fate, so kill garrut (not that easy.. but w/ a few followers its all good). talk to the girl, and offer to take the potion to akin.

go to stillwater, go southwest to akins house, tell him about the girl who loves him.. etc do you love her back.. and give him the potion (curing his sight). afterwords... if you talk to him, he can/will train to master in dodge.

/wink good exp also

go back and talk to the girl for good measures.. and your done

peace

jamie

4. daleca

daleca New Member

Thanx

Well I'm screwd then. The only save files I have are:before I enter the dark elf camp,and one after I killed the dark elf leader. I'd already been trained be sir gout by then though. Oh maybe you can help me with one more thing. Where'd my elf GF Raven go? She volunteered to go with me and with her I managed to resurrect Virgil. Virgil is waiting for me in Caladon but when I temporarily left Raven at Stringy Peyte's so I could get the treasure she was gone when I returned there. I realize she said that she wouldnt wait forever but where can I find her now?Otherewise I'll just have to use Virgil and I cant get him to do bad things now that he's reformed. Not that I could have him picklocks before either. How do you make a follower do that. Well Those are my questions.HELP........

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hmm

she should be back in quintarra.

7. Jo

Jo New Member

To have a follower pick locks for you, simply give them a lockpick (otherwise they'll have a really poor chance trying to prise the tumblers apart with their grubby fingers) and set follower skills to [on] in options. Then, whenever you try to pick a lock, whichever follower has the higher skill (providing it beats your own), will try the lock instead.

Our Host!