Marking Maps

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by k.Diller, Nov 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. k.Diller

k.Diller New Member

I must have missed it in the book, but how do we write notes on town or world maps? The UberFaq says we can, but I have not mastered it.

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

If you are trying to compare it to Baldur's Gate 2, AFAIK, you cannot do this with Arcanum. You can have it marked but make notes?

3. k.Diller

k.Diller New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. What do you mean by 'you can have it marked, but notes?'?

I presume I can't say 'Entwistle lives here' or, 'here be dragons'?

What is 'marking'?

4. LPhoenix

LPhoenix New Member

Markings...

NPCs in the game mark locations for ya and when your travelling around you sometimes get locations marked also, maybe because you moved close enough to spot them :smile:

In towns like Shrouded Hills, the signs hanging near shops and other locations of interest can be clicked to mark your town map, it shows up has a question mark and it'll tell you what it is if you move your cursor over them. I sometimes have to click several times on one to get it marked though, something wrong with the mapping system I guess. Also in Tarant, and other such towns, there's little plaques with addresses on them, you can click on these also to get them marked on your town map (again the question mark), I am not sure this works on all the plaques but it does seam to work for most of them.

You can not however, at least AFAIK, directly mark anything on the map, all is done automatically for you... sometimes I really wish I could put some notes on my map though.

5. k.Diller

k.Diller New Member

Thanks again. So the UberFaq is just talking about names that auto-appear. Pity. I really like the ability to make notes on the map, instead of bits of paper.

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!