Major Problems w/ Arcanum - Any help would be great!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Everlost, Oct 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Everlost

Everlost New Member

If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it - I've sent this in to Sierra but I have not heard back in a week...
    Here goes...
    I have Arcanum running on my AMD Athlon 900 Mhz machine w/ 256 megs of ram, 40 gig HD, 32 meg Voodoo 4 card in Windows 2000. I am almost done with the game and now when I try to play any of my saved games, the window pops up asking me if I want to quit randomly and eventually it throws me back to my desktop. I have removed, reinstall twice now and it isn't any better. Furthermore, I have updated my game to the 1.0.7.0 patch to no avail.
    I'd really love to finish this awesome game but I am at a loss now.
    Thanks!
    Everlost

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

welcome.
    I had the same problem. the problem is with the saved games. They get corrupted. Nothing helped except reinstalling my whole damn system and the game too. And then still the games that got corrupted before reamined that way so I had to load really old ones.

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Welcome to the forum, Everlost! Contacting Sierra doesn't do any good. Hope you had some luck! 0:)

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Didn't even try to contact Sierra myself,

because I simply read too many posts stating that they don't give a dman about helping with Arcanum problems.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. Everlost

Everlost New Member

Yup...SOS DD

Thanks for the suggestions and such - Yup Sierra has fallen off of the earth in regards to my various requests for help.
    So this puppy will get wiped and put on the shelf as I tackle another game.

Here's an observation, this game and the new Pool of Radiance 2 are both buggy, yet they still produce them because us CRPGers buy them anyways...

Oh well...thanks!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke´s 3rd law

Our Host!