Lil advice plz???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theft of time, Oct 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. theft of time

theft of time New Member

Lo' all...I'm a 24th Throwing-Thief I got-
    11 STR
    15 DEX
    All other stats are 8

4 Ranks in Throwing and Dodge-Expert
    3 Ranks in Steal and Picklocks-Expert
    Herbology 1
    Explosives 1
    and 6 cps' to spend

Now I'd like to keep my thieving skills the same untill I REALLY need it and eventually get Master in Throwing and Dodge.
    The question is where should I spend those extra cp's? Thinking bout putting a few in explosives till I can make stun grenades. Whatta you think?

Theft of Time
    (forgot to say I'm poking around in the Wheel Clan part of the game)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: theft of time on 2001-10-10 02:00 ]</font>

2. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Well actually it wouldn't hurt to get your thieving skills and pickpocket...and dodge up to max and master. Charisma is nice sometimes, along with beauty. Extra DX is always good for fighting because you figth faster...unless you're casting, which you shouldn't be doing with all those tech skills.
    Master throwing would be good, but that's a long boring quest. And I think you won't get there for a little while.

Also if you want to seriously master some of technology colleges - smithy is could be nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ioo on 2001-10-10 02:05 ]</font>

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I'd...

-spend 1 CP in Dex to bring your total to 16.
    -spend 2 CP in Electrical to so you can build Charged Rings. With your tech aptitude, each ring should give you +2 Dex. Times two, that'll bring you up to dex 20. Now you'll have all those extra APs to mess around with in combat.

So... that leaves you with 3 CPs. Spending a CP or two on Persusion and Haggle never hurt anyone.

That leaves you with 1, which I'd put into Pick Locks. That comes in real handy, and it needs a lot of skill to be usable. 4 CPs should open most doors and chests.

4. theft of time

theft of time New Member

Can you steal and picklocks with Platemail? Manual says armor is a factor in prowling but I'm just not sure. Maybe its one of those things they leave out? a few cp's in haggle and persusion might be in order but money comes easy to me. Are there many dialogue trees where persusion comes in handy? Spending 3 to get 20 dex seems like a good idea but are there any kicka$$ rings out there? Sorry to seem like I'm debating yer advice its just that this game is cool and I don't want to start over 10 times looking for " The Right Character" then get bored with the game. Maybe I lil more info. I'm currectly trying to do the game solo, well the dog is with me(damn he kicks serious buttock).

Theft of Time

5. Vyme

Vyme New Member

I don't think you can really 'mess' up that character. You already seem to have plans to master your throwing and get 5 ranks in it, which means you will be raising your dex. High dex/maxed throwing skill/master = End of challenge in combat anyway :p

Just put your points in the areas you think fit the character you set out to make and go with it..

It is really hard to create a character or mess one up so bad you cannot complete the game with it. Some skills make certain quests easier, but most of the sidequests are not necessary to moving the main plot along.

Just do your own thing and have fun with it, and stay away from magick allergy background!

6. Ioo

Ioo New Member

You can steal with anything on (or off) but you are better off in thieve's leather's or special magick stuff. Big bulky armor makes sounds when you move and makes you alot easier to notices... Also picking pockets in some war gaunlets wouldn't be an easy task too. :smile:

I think dialogue trees come from IN, but then character believes you or agrees with you... or doesnt, depending on persuasion, and out of that new dialogue options may be formed.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

For a techie character, Charged Rings are about the best out there. I'd sacrifice 2 ring slots for +4 Dex anyday. And besides, if you're playing a techie, the magic rings won't work well for you.

Regarding persuasion, one or two levels in that is pretty helpful. It often seems to make the difference when you're trying to get the "right" dialogue options.

About the platemail thing... I'm not sure too sure about that. You make a good point though. You'd think that it'd be easier to pick someone's pocket if you weren't dressed up in 100 pounds worth of sheet metal, but... go figure. The manual doesn't mention it. I do know that gauntlets effect pick pocket and picklock, though.

8. theft of time

theft of time New Member

hehe didn't think about the magic and tech part with rings but that is a hUge point.
    (this better have indented) Thanks for the quick replys guys I was actually waiting for answers before I went back into the game.
    Think I'm going to follow all's advice. Don't think I will go with the smithy though...I don't see my char. that way.

Theft of Time

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!