Lava?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Corvus_Corax, Mar 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Agh, I cleaned out the Black Mountain Mines awhile ago and now, (of course) I need lava rock. Where else can I find some? Im getting desperate!!

2. Sana

Sana New Member

There should be plenty of lava rock in there, what happened to the pieces that are normally in the caves?

-Not sure on this but you might have another shot at the lava rocks when you do Iron Clan caves.

3. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

What happened to the lava that was in there? I took it all and sold it before I even knew about the Gods Quest. :0PP

4. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

You should be able to find some in the Wheel Clan mines too, or in the Dredge

5. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Lava

YES!! I used one of the shop hacks, slept one screen away from the general store in Caladon and BOOM. They had almost every offering in the bunch, including one lava rock! Woohoo! (Btw I cleaned out all other locations that the lava was already in.)

6. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

7. Vlad the Imposter

8. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Ftth

Cheater? Um, I don't think so. Overcoming a bug in the game is more like it. Why the heck would Sierra NOT respawn these items? By the time you get to this quest you may have already sold all of the lava in the game. How else were you supposed to get any more, or how were you two know to hold onto them? Just respawn a practically otherwise worthless item.

9. Vlad the Imposter

Because it is not practically useless. You need it to complete the Gods Quest. Almost everything that you find in the game is used for something. Even trash in the trash bins are components for tech schematics. Lesson number one of Arcanum: Save everything except weapons and armor.

10. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

No you misread me. I said PRACTICALLY useless, ie other than the god's quest. Lava is practically worthless if you try to sell it, so why not just respawn? And don't give me the 'lesson number 1' crap. If a mage is digging around in a trash bin, I don't think he or she would grab all the parts she/he could find. What usefulness do they have to someone who doesn't have the skills to build anything? And as to your 'save everything' idea, how you even remotely think that is practical is beyond me.

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You could always start the game over, rather than, well...CHEATING!

12. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Um.. So I'm supposed to start the entire game over from my level 50 character that I spent the past few weeks supporting? I don't think so. Up to this point I've been fine with Arcanum and rather enjoyed it, but the idea of making such an item almost impossible to find after 'the only place to find it' is cleaned out is nothing more than pointless frustration.

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yes! Start over.
    If you enjoy Arcanum you'll play it many times, and as many different characters. Most of us have played lots of times without actually finishing the game. I usually play up to level 30-40 and then start a new character, just to see how it'll turn out.
    Finishing Arcanum is too easy. Staying in character can be hard.
    Next time,, try a new twist on your character...maybe a different background or race. Maybe another gender or group of followers. Experiment!

14. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Umm..

Um, I'm sorry, but I don't subscribe to the same school as you seem to. I like to see the end of a game once in awhile. I never inclined that I wouldn't ever play Arcanum after I passed it, nor that I would never use another type of character. (In fact I have a level 6 Techy on the side.) And I'm not saying Arcanum is a bad game whatsoever, I just don't like annoying naggy things pestering me in a game, ie the fact that I wouldn't be able to finish the damn God's quest that I had spent so much time on because I was short a bloody lava stone.

15. Vlad the Imposter

Well Corvus, in my eyes a good game is one where it is not insanely easy to complete everything. Arcanum is like that. If you can't complete the quest it is not going to affect the end of the game in any way.

BTW, there are quests that you never saw because of your gender / alignment / skills. It doesn't matter what your character is there are quests for just about everything.

So, you don't complete them all. Who cares? Take Feldon's advice and play it again.

16. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Would you listen to me? I LIKE ARCANUM, and I'M NOT SAYING IT'S A BAD GAME! I just don't like little annoyances such as this to get in the way. How would you feel if you had been working on this puzzle for hours on end, just to realize that you can't finish it because of some stupid little item? And besides, isn't lava the type of thing that you could find pretty much anywhere in a mine or something similar? I could head down to Hawaii and grab a handful, that sort of thing? (It is more realistic?) I'm aware of all the things you keep telling me, the game is designed to play differently depending on the type of character you make/play, and I already am playing it again from a different angle. I never once said Arcanum was a bad game, I just think that in certain parts Sierra could have done without excess frustration. That's all.

17. Vlad the Imposter

Easy, easy. We are just giving you a hard time. We also have had to deal with the "annoyances" and it gives us pleasure to see that someone else is having issues with it too. That way we know that we are not alone. Also, because we are sick bastards who take pleasure in giving others a hard time.

I say "we", really I mean me. I can't speak for the others on this forum 'cuz they are all INSANE!!! Right, Feldon?

18. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

19. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Hey, if he wants to be branded a CHEATER!!! it's fine with me. :peace:

20. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax New Member

Listen, just screw off with the 'cheater' crap alright? Quite being an immature brat.

Our Host!