K'na Tha

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Praxus, Sep 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Praxus

Praxus New Member

Hmmm...I've made it inside and found the ring and other items. I've also killed the plaguish maiden across on the other side of the water behind the 3 torches. I've even blown them out with molotav cocktails and destroyed the creatures that appreared, but I am lost now as to where to find Azram's Star. I must need to get across the water to the other side, but I can't find a way to get there. Help help....

2. Reo

Reo New Member

Normally when you put out the middle flame of the three flames where the plaguish maiden wanders around, it teleports you to another area. From there you just follow along until you get to 3 more flames, etc. Eventually you'll come to a point where your enclosed by 4 sides with monsters and 3 flame holders but only 1 lit. In that particular area, just kill all the monsters that spawn. Then take out the single lit flame. It will warp you to this altar with Azram's Star in it.

3. Arij

Arij New Member

Can you tell me please what are you talking about? Is it some sort of special locaton ?

4. Praxus

Praxus New Member

Guess I've got a bug maybe, cause after killing maiden and putting out middle torch by hitting it with molatav, nothing happens (except if I hit any of the 3 torches it spawns more creatures to have to kill.) Do you need to get across the water to the other side where the torches are located in order for the teleport to work or should it work by hitting torch from the opposite side?

5. Krull

Krull New Member

I'm also having problems here. I followed the advice in this thread and used a mystical chakram to kill that spider thingy and the middle torch. It did teleport me somewhere which had winding corridors and killed a lesser lich and some tattered bowmen.

Now I'm stuck, what do I do now? I've come across four wooden barrels which I've destroyed but nothing has happened.

I've ckecked the quest walkthroughs but nothing is mentioned, presumably as it's a Master quest?

Help!!

6. Boelta

Boelta New Member

I have gone through the winding halls and warped into a room with four other conjoining rooms with monsters and the single lit flame, i kill the monsters then put out the flame but nothing happens.. am i supose to use a specific weapon, or sequence?

7. F0kkEr

F0kkEr New Member

where?

where is this place you are talking about and is the azram star or whatever a magik weap?

8. texastech

texastech New Member

We are speaking of the quest to get the Azram Star. It is given by Clarissa in Blackthorn.

I am stuck. I put out the middle flame near the spider chick with no problem. Then I wander around the corridors until I come to 3 more flames. I reached them by turning left where I killed two tattered bowmen. I put out the far right one and it takes me to a room with three doors. I walk outside and it is PITCH BLACK. I can only see with a lantern. There is a room with three flames that I can't get into. Where have I screwed up? This is definitely the most frustrating quest thus far. I too have checked the main page and found nothing providign a solution.
    Thanks.

9. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde New Member

My memory is kinda fuzzy on this, but:
    I used the boom-a-rang (sp) up until that point (if the room you are talking about is the same one I am thinking of), in which the only object that worked is the chakram (sp) which you find somewhere in K'na Tha. Hope this helps.

10. Camo

Camo New Member

The problem with that area is...

It is a puzzle based on putting out fires and from the begining, you are suppose to put out the right fires on those fire places.

The key is that if you hit the wrong one you get teleported back an earlier stage so if you regconised that place reloade and hit another fire/button.

Texastech, that room that you mentioned is the the odd one out. In the room with 3 doors before the pitch black room, there is a fireplace that has to be lit as opposed to put out. Once you light it you'll be teleported into the room in the pitch black area. Then it is a matter of hitting the right fire place again to enter the area where the star is located.

Boelta, just hang in that room and after you have wasted enough enemies, you can put out the fire and enter another room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Camo on 2001-09-20 07:57 ]</font>

11. F0kkEr

F0kkEr New Member

where is clarissa ?? where is blackthorn??

where is clarissa ?? where is blackthorn??

12. texastech

texastech New Member

Camo,

How do I light a fire? I have tried everything but can't seem to get it to light.

Also, I knocked out one of the small torches in the room surrounded by blackness. That transported me to a room where my whole party wouldn't repsond to me and we just get massacred by some bad guys I can't even hit. I can't even bust down the door to get out.

I hate to go down the bug path but I am startig to get suspicious of this one.

13. Camo

Camo New Member

Light a fire with a spell or explosive i think.

Texas... I don't know if you can light a fire with explosive or not but I did it with the flashfire or fireflash spell. In the room withing the dark area, you must hit the correct fire to be teleported into the area where you get the star.

14. texastech

texastech New Member

K'na Tha = Bizzaro World

I finally got that darn star. I don't know how many torches I put out and how many rooms I warped into. The weirdest was slowly killing the monsters with the boomerrang when they couldn't fight back. My party has no ranged weapons so they couldn't help. I would just slowly wittle the monsters down a few points at a time.
    No wonder no one has detailed how to win this quest. It is just too weird

15. Camo

Camo New Member

Yup one of the weirdest quest in the whole game.

Glad that you made it through finally. Hope those advice worked.

Our Host!