Joining Vollinger. Should I sleep with one eye open now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elrond

Elrond New Member

I decided to let Vollinger in the party. What should I expect? He has alignment -25. Should I sleep with one eye open from now on? And, generally, does this gunfighter gambler city-gnome provide any use for a magickally inclined character such as mine is? Maybe he is good for some particular quest? And, finally, can he eventually become a good guy, or, at least, less evil?

2. Dakun

Dakun New Member

spoiler

i wont ruin it too much... but regaurdless of your faction... he will help you to a specific point in the game... and then no more... he won't make it to 50 w/ ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SPOILER ONLY READ IF YOU WANNA SUCK :smile:

heh he's a molochan assasin... just a damn smart one who has the intelligence to wait till your vurnerable to attack (not when your asleep... part of the main quest) don't worry about him attacking you in the middle of the night.. you'll know it when he does

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Durin

Durin New Member

...but reading Joachim's book makes him happy at the end, which by the way, I haven't been able to find. Where is it?!

4. tarin

tarin New Member

i think its in stillwater
    you have to go to the telegraph station in tarant there you will find a telegram of joachim witch leads you to stillwater
    their you have to ask the inn keeper of the bleeding rose i think
    (the inn with only 1 or 2 people in there)
    but it seems that this i little bugy or you have to do something special i dont know cuz when you arrive at tarant the man in the telegraph station wont give you anything
    you have to follow the main plot for a wihle and than ask him again
    im not sure if this is the book your looking for but its the only one i ever get from joachim

5. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

I think you didn't read the note in Shroudded Hill. The note will lead you to the Telegraph place in Tarant.

6. Elrond

Elrond New Member

When I first played Arcanum, I DID find the book of Joachim. But I'll be damned if I remember where and how! Anyway, then I had no Vollinger in my bunch. What else... Ah! This Vollinger fellow is with me for several levels already, but his alignment stays stable (-25), no matter what great deeds I do. Though I know he might betray me, I still gave him new boots, and presented a silver ring. :smile: Ah, and leather gloves, too... Well, maybe that will make him think twice before he adds some poison into my lesser healing vial. :grin:

7. Dakun

Dakun New Member

haha

you gotta go all out,
    mech gaunts, chappau of intervention, charged rings, hand cannon, electric disturbor shield (whatever its called), metal boots, electric platemail... hehe then he'll still be neg 25 but i bet he's a damn good char :smile: hehe i like he, but he died on me and all i had was res scrolls (and he's a techy) when i got back to him w/ a res potion, he said, i guess im dead, so i can't help you.. haha talking from death... odd.

i just tend to avoid tech chars cause virg/dante never heal them (even w/ bandaids.. cause they use them all on anyone who's hurt.. before they use their spells, so they run out way to quick)

peace

jamie

Our Host!