It might be a bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiriakis, Sep 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kiriakis

Kiriakis New Member

Hi,

I've got the german version of Arcanum and patched to version 1.70..

There's the quest with King Preator in Dernholm who wants me to hold taxes from black root. I went there and talked to the king there.. he asked me if I could take his dagger back from the thiefes. I went there ... and killed them all .. took the dagger and went back to the king.. the quest was done... In regard he wanted to pay the taxes .. but then I did not get any taxes.. he said:"ok .. thanks you get my dagger back.. what do you want ?" - "pay the taxes !" - "ok" -.. but he did not..
    I went back to dernholm to see what King Preator will say... ... I said:"I ve got the taxes" .. the he said :"oh ok .. give it to me" .. but then I only had to choose : "I Have to go now" and "bye bye"

help..
    is it a bug or why wouldn't the king of black root give me the taxes??

Kiriakis

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kiriakis on 2001-09-29 15:57 ]</font>

2. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

well

it might be, try to pickpocket the blackroot mayor, it will show u if he has the taxes!

arcanum has many bugs to fix!

3. BlueDEvil

BlueDEvil New Member

You need to convince him to pay the taxes. You can also convince him to rejoin dernholm. You can talk about the security problems to help him change his mind.

4. Darkrune

Darkrune New Member

Was your inventory full ? He may have tried to hand the Chest of Gold/Taxes to you, but you were unable to store it in inventory... And if it was left sitting on the floor, I bet he walked forward and picked it back up after you left the room.
    Sounds like you triggered him giving it to you, but don't have it on your person...

Our Host!