Is there romance in the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rachel12, Sep 5, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rachel12

rachel12 New Member

I normally play female characters, but was told the if you play a male character, that romantic RP is possible between your character and either Raven, or her Dark Elf counterpart. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

2. BIGGUY6942000

BIGGUY6942000 New Member

I made it with both!

I can not believe this game, but yep, made it with both. Heck towards the end Raven confessed her love to me to the dyeing end. I must be pretty darn good?

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

There is always something added up in her speech whenever you asked him above locations and stuff.

4. PiccoloSMU

PiccoloSMU New Member

sweeet ill be evil and dark elf chick will be mine =D

5. Section8

Section8 New Member

Raven can't get enough of me, but won't join me because I am too evil. bizatch. Anyone had any romantic involvement with Virgil? :smile:

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

7. tarin

tarin New Member

i play a female half elf and till now
    (have to kill the drow master chick)
    virgil behhaves normal no sing of a romance
    but there where some townsfolk who seems to be interrested in me
    i left all i cross with a bullet in the head
    so i dont know exactly if there s any romance
    between a female char and someone else

but what about torian kel
    (the undead @ the ancient temple)
    he s mutch more kindly to me than virgil
    i will keep on eye on him...

8. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

In my game, I think Magnus and Sogg are getting kinda close, but other than that the only romance I've encountered is with a sheep at the whore house! =D

9. Nomadik

Nomadik New Member

LOL dude...

LOL dude... I never pulled myself together to do that... my imagination is too high :smile:
    Though I went for all the girls and had all of the combinations of 2... spent a fortune on them..hehehe, well money is easy to come by for a techy CH

10. Deathlock

Deathlock New Member

Romantik elfs

Wot da Raven chick is a goer is she? Dangnabbit she 'ad nuffin nice to say to me and I'm an owt an owt g'dguy. Dah darky elf wuz even worse, she tried da hit me an I had da giv 'er a slap to calms 'er down.

Why dus nobuddy luv me :sad: Diz not my fowlt I'm mayd frum bitz ov left ov'r orc.

11. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Nomadik,
    I was just kidding, didn't bother with the sheep, I thought it would be a waste of time, but I did go through all the girls hoping there would be some point to it other than running small erands. There's a room in the back of Madame Lil's that's locked with a maid standing in it, I'm thinking that maid is holding back some deep, dark secrets, but the girls never took me into that room.

12. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

13. tarin

tarin New Member

in the room with the maid is a necklace i think its a part of the tarant underground thieves to get thisd necklace i think

14. Eliane

Eliane New Member

I usually playlesbian character in RPG, and as Arcanum is a Tim Cain game, I told myself that it should be possible to play gay character since in fallout 2, my lesbian sniper actually managed to marry another woman (contrary to Baldur ‘s Gate 2, where it is totally impossible. God damned Puritanism of yours. ). In the beginning I was very pleased with the special dialogue I had whit Madam Lim’s girls, I really liked when the half-elf girl asked me something like :“You have no ideas how badly I need a woman right now. Please, will you satisfy me?�
    Then when I meet Raven I was again pleased with all the subtext in her sentences. Like for example, when she told me something like :�Two woman like us can form very strong bound�, or when I asked her to join me , she whispered in my ear “I was hopping you would say that�. But after that nothing. She didn’t told my elf sorceress she loved her, she never told her anything in fact. I killed the necromancer very easily, (Master of force, I used lightning bolt, 1 minute of battle…), and then end of the game. After I meet with Nasrudim, I didn’t heard Raven speaking a single word .

So I ask myself one question: Why didn’t I had any romance with Raven?

Because my character was a woman? That would really lower Tim in my esteem.

Because there are some special actions I should have done? I completed about 90% of the game quest so I don’t see could I have missed something which could have affect Raven relationship with my character. I my good/bad ratio was 94 for the good side.

Because one need high charisma and beauty? I had 15 charisma, and 10 beauty.

If any one knows the answer please tell me, because, if a gay woman character can’t have any romance, I don’t see the interest in keeping playing a game I have already finished once.
    I’ll go back to MMORPG where at least you can REALY play whoever you want.

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

16. dureena

dureena New Member

Forget lesbian relationships for now...

How about _any_ relationships for females characters? It seems the game is really lacking in that department... although I suppose it is quite possible I have just missed them somehow. I did play through the entire game without ever having Virgil leave me at T'sen Ang so I missed out on his past.

17. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

There are no romances for a female character in Arcanum. The best you get is some lesbian thing with Madam Lil's girls. Or a girl can kiss a half orc in any of the bars. I suppose no romance at all for a girl is better actually - look at Baldurs Gate 2 - they included a romance for girls in that game but its so sexist and the guy to romance is so horrible that its better to do a little bit of 'editing' and go lesbian.

Its a pity that as usual, game designers have forgotten to remember us female players.

18. tarin

tarin New Member

what about the darkelve queen
    (m'gorad or how she s called) i have read something that it dont matters to her if your
    a man or a woman
    (i can understand i think i would behave the same way if i have to live in the tree s with these phsycos and some orge zombies)

19. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Yes, what about Min Gorad? Well she is a woman, so why the hell would my female character want to even have a brief fling with her? I am not a lesbian and neither is my character and I refuse to play her as such. No nookie is better than nookie with the same gender, I think. Even in a game.

20. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

I was pretty surprised by the lack of romance in general, at least as it involves the PC. I understand that the developers wanted everything nice and open so that all styles of play could be accomodated, so it's good they didn't mandate "EVERY PC must fall in love with Prince/Princess X". Still, romance is a favorite and time-honored tradition in RPGs, so it's...odd, to say the least, that female PCs don't get any.

Our Host!