i have a question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by torgoth, Feb 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. torgoth

torgoth New Member

I found magnus the dwarf at tirant and beat the P.Schuyde and sons quest but down there i found a note that said somthing like i will come and get my sons ring like tomorow or something and i think that there was a ring whit it also but i will have to look any way's so i whent to Gillbert bates factory but i couldent get in so i looked around and found this one guy who whant's me to blow up his new steam factory and i said i would becues i thout he would give me a key but he dident so now i can't get in i wold be gratful for any help at all oh and im sorry about any miss spelling im not the best typer. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: torgoth on 2002-02-13 11:38 ]</font>

2. kcwong

kcwong New Member

That's the evil way of doing this "Meet Gibert Bates&qu

Appleby (the guy that ask you to blow up the engine) should give you a servant's suit after your success. Then you can enter the Bate's mansion through a secret tunnel in Tarant's sewer system.

Or do it the good way: you can talk to the captain in front of Bate's mansion... he'll give you a quest that let you enter (IIRC only possible if you have at least 2 ranks of persuasion)

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I think you have to go through some type of trapped tunnel. I almost got killed. You get a fate point for this approach though so i usually do it this way

4. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

The key on Cedric Appelby gets you in to the bates Mausoleam without having to lockpick the door there (and killing it's guard). You don't need to complete his quest. I think you've ruined your chances at getting the saboteurs quest from the Captain of Bate's guards just by talking to Appelby, but you may be able to talk your way out of it. By the way, you need (I think) his ring to start up a conversation with him about it once you are inside. If you fail to do so, you must try to get his journal from his bedroom. Follow him in there at night and leave with it (and him) in the morning. Killing him or lockpicking your way in or out of that bedroom, and you have to fight Chukka plus Bates and ALL his guards. And I would NOT recommend that option.

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

you don't need to have any skill in persuation to get the warehouse sabatours quest.

6. basset64

basset64 New Member

after you talk to applebee say that you will blow up the engine then tell the guard out front of bates mansion about the consperacy and he will let you in!

7. torgoth

torgoth New Member

i said that i would to apel bee but if this matter's whan i said i would i lied like he saide will you do it for me and i said yes i will(lie) than i talked to the gard and he say's what can i help you whit and all i can say is nothing right now why is that?

8. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

9. torgoth

torgoth New Member

Our Host!