How do I get rid of the surveyors at Falcon Ashe?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by enigma, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. enigma

enigma New Member

How do I do it without killing them? My Int is 15 and have no persuasion skills, thus I can't convince Mr.Bench to leave the sacred elven grounds. What do I do?

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

3. Dakun

Dakun New Member

yeah

have your followers wait away from him thou so they don't attack back :smile:, just let him charge and die :smile:.

peace
    jamie

4. Edythe

Edythe New Member

You can also use an intelligence potion which will then give options to talk him into going without a fight. The only time I fought him we all got killed by the forces there that Raven warns you of. - Edythe

5. Badtz Maru

Badtz Maru New Member

If you go the insult route, be sure to turn off Auto Attack on your options screen. The first couple of times I made sure my party wasn't anywhere near, but as soon as that guy hit me I went into combat mode and hit him back automatically, and we were all killed.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Let he who has a death wish strike the first blow...and charisma influences speech options, not intelligence.

7. beauregarde

beauregarde New Member

Re: Falcon's Ache solution

My character is a goody-goody techie (I am salivating at the thought of playing the game as an evil mage after I finish) ... and with the right charisma you have another option to get rid of the surveyor ...

******SPOILER ALERT******

******SPOILER******
    If you tell the surveyor that Gilbert Bates sent you, and fib a little, you can strike a deal that gets the surveyor's party to leave *and* everybody goes home alive and well. Suits my character just fine, but I am itching to quit being such a noble, charitable type ... :smile:

8. Badtz Maru

Badtz Maru New Member

Intelligence does influence speech options in many conversations. One notable example is when you have to speak about the proposed statue for the Mayor of Ashbury...my character had an 18 Charisma, but an intelligence of 11, and he had very limited dialogue options. After quaffing an intelligence boosting potion he had a LOT of choices, all of them better than the ones he could think of before.

Intelligence also effects what options are available when you speak to the Wheel Clan king-in-waiting.

Our Host!