Help me find some stuff

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Rafterman, Jul 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rafterman

Rafterman New Member

I need a Boulder to complete a mission in Ashbury..It seems like Sogg Mead Mug picked one of them up,during a short visit in Ashbury.But i notised it at the Wheel Clan,where i just dropped it at the floor.Anyway,it's not there anymore.Is there somwhere else in Arcanum i can find one??

I've looked in Torin Quarry.

The second thing i need is a "Fire Obstruction". Just one. Me nor my followers can make one.I want to make a Pyrotechnic Bow you see! :D

I know that sometimes,you can find one on NPC's/Boots.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well as for the first question I don't know.

I have never seen a fire obstruction for sale anywhere and I believe there have been posts about it not being available. There might be some way you could hack one into the game.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

You're looking for a specific boulder so just getting any old one, even if they were to exist, wouldn't work. Look to see if any dwarves in the Wheel Clan picked it up, otherwise you're out of luck.

There aren't any fire obstructions in the game either, apart from the ones you might make yourself. I know, life's unfair, I dig.

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Now how could you NOT know soggs got one of them inventory filling up things?

Parmanian

Bad quest.......you had to kill the good pigs to get it!

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yeah it was pretty funny when my followers got mad at me for killing such a decent soul when I was takin out the pigs.

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I remember a time I killed a pig in SH and got bitched at, looked and saw I lost rep................ reloaded and said no more pig killing, I guess I become a vegetarian!

Also a random encounter with a bunny running around, who wouldn't attack so i did and caught all kinds of hell, not to mention the hurt put on by that lvl 40 rabbit!

Parmanian

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yeah, there are some nasty rabbits out in the wild. I won't go near a bunny farm anymore. And I get chills just thinkin about Easter.

8. masterofthelostcollege

masterofthelostcollege New Member

The second thing i need is a "Fire Obstruction". Just one. Me nor my followers can make one.I want to make a Pyrotechnic Bow you see! (Quoted from Rafterman)

Sebastion eventually masters electricity and explosives, and he is probably the most useful follower for a tech character.

WHAT? Pigs have 'decent' souls? That's a joke if I ever saw one, because they are actually dark necromancers in disguise! With your followers, only Geoffrey has enough sense to actually kill them, see. :D Pigs are EVIL, if you need anymore proof read Animal Farm by George Orwell.

9. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Where the hell do you get sebastion??? I'm at level 50 and I've still only got Magnus and Virgil.

10. Myrdyr

Myrdyr New Member

Like all other tech followers, Sebastion only advances to Technician, so he won't be making any Fire Obstruction (unless you edit him).

Given how easy it is to make the Pyrotechnic Axe, I don't know why the bow should should be so much harder. Given how much more powerful the axe is over the bow, the axe should require the obstruction and the bow should require fuel.

11. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

you could be level 50 and not even half way through the game!

Sebastian is in the boil at the bar but to get his quest you have to talk to willousby in the city hall first to get the quest to clean out the boil.

If you haven't been to qintarra and got the quest from raven then willousby won't be in tarant for you to talk to.

Parmanian

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

if you have your followers wait while you use dynamite on the pigs no one cares... but thats overkill sorta... but just set the charges near them and boom! i used it to kill townspeople in tarant (i reloaded shortly thereafter) but my followers didnt care, i was just randomly setting dynamite off in the town as far as they were concerned, i wasnt attacking anyone...
    just make sure your a few screens away so the guards wobnt know who it was

13. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

14. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well, you can always give money to the beggars to get your rep back up.

15. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

thats not the point......you shouldn't be killin poor defenseless little pigs!

parmanian

Our Host!