Gil Bates (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jaimi, Sep 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jaimi

Jaimi New Member

Hi -

I'm playing a mage character. I've gotten the stuff about GB from Schuylers chest, but I don't seem to be able to actually talk to the guy. Appleby won't talk to me, the guards just say "Hi" to me and won't give me a quest. I snuck in by picklocking the mauseleum, and sneaking throuh his house dressed as a servant, but if I talk to Bates, he has Chukka attack me. What am I missing?

2. Jaimi

Jaimi New Member

Forget it...

In case this happens to you, be sure to read the "telegram" that you found in the chest.

I read it originally, then cast a fire spell on Schuylers body. For some reason, my people all went nuts and started attacking the candlesticks. After they "killed" them, and broke their weapons, I restored, and forgot to read the telegram again.

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

After reading the note I found at the Schuylers' cabinet, I went at Bates's estate and talk to the guard. It still hight time so I went till morning. Then he give me a quest but since if you have high persuasion, you can convince him otherwise.

I cannot talk to Applesby once I talk to the guard saying that I am with Bates.

4. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

If you have Conjur Spirit and a kick ass sword, you can go in there rambo style and kill everyboddy, then cast Conjur Spirit on Bate's boddy.

5. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

i have that problem 2... first go to cemetery, then picklock on the locked door. then go into the secret hall, defeat all the traps and go to the room which has 4 chests. get the servant's cloths for you and you followers, go up into hall way, (recommended to save the game at the point). then wait till night, then Billbert Gates went into his bedroom. go with him, advance the time into moring, pick lock to his chest. then read his journey, put the journey back in, talk with Billbert Gates. Now he will speak with you about the ring.

NOTE : DO NOT TALK WITH BILLBERT GATES, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE JOURNEY!!!

6. Demen

Demen New Member

Gil Bates...

Gil Bates. Bill Gates, haha thats almost funny you know hehe....

Our Host!