getting into bates mansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUMO III, Nov 12, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. SUMO III

SUMO III New Member

I destroyed the prototype engine, got the servants clothes, but I still can't get in. The guard recognises me and will not let me in. How else can I get in.

2. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Do your NPC's have the servants clothing too?.. There WAS a way to get in by doing a quest for Bates, which won't work anymore I think. Anoter way is to try to sneak in... And yet another is through the sewers...

This has probably been posted before though.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm almost sure of it too...Why don't you search for the answer?

Or kill the guards. Pretty tough to do that though - then Bates hates you as well, so that defeats the purpose...

4. Mick

Mick New Member

**SPOILER** You can there through the sewers under the graveyard in the west end of town. You have to pick the lock on the tomb door when the guard is not looking (takes good timing), then you have to travel through lots of trapped passageways. Eventually you'll come up in the servants quarters in the Bates mansion.

5. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Hm... you can just go down the sewers in the boil.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It takes a couple of hours to fight your way through the sewers though - places to rest are infrequent and far apart, so make sure you take down a lot of healing items...and fatigue restorers, just to be on the safe side :smile:.

7. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

There are several ways to get into Gilbert Bate's Mansion...1st way: Help protect the Bates factory for a night (3 thieves will pop up if u go into the machine room at night) 2nd way: Help Cedric Appleby blow up Gilbert Bate's prototype engine. (You get money too). Cedric Appleby will give u a servant's clothes and you can pose as a servant to go in. However, you must ask ur followers to wait. 3rd way: After Cedric Appleby asks you to blow up the engine, offer to expose him and he'll give u a key to a room in the cemetary. That room will led to Bate's servant room. This way is good too cause your followers could follow u. (take off ur armor in the underground passageway cause the traps will damage ur armor)You can combine this way with the earlier one. Blow up the engine, then use unlocking cantrip or lockpick skills to open the room in the cemetary. 4th way: After Cedric Appleby asks you to blow up the factory, expose him to the guard outside and he'll let u in. 5th way: Kill all the guards. Okay thats about it hope it helps u

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Killing all the guards makes Bates hate you...

9. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Just like everybody else does.

Our Host!