Game always Asks me to Quit

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by MasterMonk, Sep 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MasterMonk

MasterMonk New Member

It always does!!!
    When i exit an area,get exited from the game!! anybody know what's up? HELP!!!

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Ther;s a post here concerning this one but I doubt they got it working. :sad:

3. MasterMonk

MasterMonk New Member

4. hantu

hantu New Member

Try to quit and restart the game.
    If still happening, uninstall the game, restart, install it back ,restart the pc and run it again. Try it for a couple of time.
    It work for me.

If still happen, change the cd from your vendor.

5. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Yeah, I think Jinxed mentioned this problem in another post. What version of Arcanum are you running? The version number before patching I meen.
    Geesh, I'm sooooo glad none of this wierd stuff is happening to me, maybe its all waiting to hit me towards the end of the game. Aacck! =P

6. ryan1cf

ryan1cf New Member

I have also experienced the game exiting on me, but it happened to me because i was changing values in the saved game, have you been editing your saved game at all? If not then I would say that your saved game is corrupted some how...

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I think that alot of the game stability depends from the magic "windows" ability to do things to your computer without you knowing. The first time I played Was on win98 ME Is way good I didn't notice one bug
    ecept the one with the bet for 500 coins in the bars.
    Then I got Win SE the game turned ugly! The were bugs galore everythings just seemed upside down crashing tot the desktop. Now Again win ME the game got stable again. But suddenly the Are you sure you want to quit?
    Now the only way I can get rid of it is by loading a prievies save game beause the quik save is trashed. After some playing it happens again. Upredictable. Now When I was installing systems. The win installer had a problem with a file It was something with a save game... The name was too big or had uncorrect information anyway I had to "fix it" God only knows how it got "fixed" Bill Gates Style. The bug is happening ever since. So if you people had it crash and had selected "automatic correction" when now you know why it happens. I reinstalled the game chose the option "fix" in the installer but it did not help and then I got fed up. So try reinstalling the entire game from scratch.

Our Host!