Damage of Ellumyn's Bow, not a previously answered question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Skif, Sep 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Skif

Skif New Member

Hello. The stats on this bow are posted on a few arcanum sights 10-20 damage. I made an archer with magic aptitude to utilize this weapon. But when I saw the bow with my own eyes on my friends character the damage was listed as 1-10. His character was tech though, and his followers would not equip it. My character is not far enough in the game to check myself, and i dont want to contiue with him if i cant use the bow. I'm curious if the damage is altered by magic aptitude, although the dmg value is not in parenthesis. I wondered if people were adding in the dmg from the extra shot that comes with archery expert status but that would make the bow 2-20 not 10-20. If it was just one sight that i would assume they just posted the stats wrong but it was 2. Anyone know anything about this? I believe I'm playing the patched version. I already searched for posts on this bow but could not find a satisfactory answer, even tried alternative spellings of the bow. Thanks a lot for your help!

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The only slightly relevant information I can offer you is that sites very often copy off of each other. Type in walkthrough for a game on google, and you will get a bunch of the same text formatted differently.

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The beauty of Elemun's Bow is its speed. 25, the same as the Mechanized Gun. Your friend with the tech archer should use it for overland travel & as a magical backup in dungeon crawling. While I do not remember the numbers off the top of my head, it is the same as the Elven Hunter's Bow except for speed. THe D 1 - 10 does sound right. It does the same extra damage against animals as the EHB. For a techie as well. That's why my tech archer uses it while traveling.

THere are a lot of times when the speed of E'sB overcomes the massive damage from the Pyro Bow. And then there are the magical critters & those with high immunity to fire damage.

4. Skif

Skif New Member

Thank you for confirming the damage for me, Shadygrove. 10-20 must have been a mistake. And Icairus, your explination of how websights copy information from each other explains how the same misinformation could be found in several places. And your right, 25 speed is still very nice and could make up for the low damage. Luckily I have not invested too many points into magic to prevent me from persuing tech and making a pyro bow aswell, so i may have options available for both damage and speed, magic and tech. Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Our Host!