chakram

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erikkson Diablobane, Oct 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Erikkson Diablobane

Erikkson Diablobane New Member

Hi guys, I am back with some questions in mind.

Well currently I have a serrated chakram and it rocks I must say. However, since it has a range of 20, does that mean I need a good Perception value? My perception is currently 7, due to the pig-faced basset I am wearing. :grin:

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Yes, a good perception will aid in your ability to hit at long range.

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

4. Erikkson Diablobane

well yes i think throwing skills are needed too, but i was not sure if perception was needed, since it wasn't a bow or what...but I guess now I have to spend extra points on perception :sad:

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Me neither; the manual says throwing skills rely on Dex. Is that just some kind of primary skill, with the others being taken into account also?

I wish the damn manual had been written as a set of instructions rather than an exploration of the Victorian mode.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

Even if you have a high throwing skill, the actual range is limited by your perception. The higher your perception the farther you can scroll the screen. So even if you're physically able to throw 20, if your perception is too low, you won't even be able to see enemies that are that far away.

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Agreed, wholeheartedly. It was waaay too long on style, and too short on substance. The Fallout manuals are the perfect example of what a manual should be. Damn... A quick reference card or something, anything, would have been much appreciated.

9. Ioo

Ioo New Member

There's a key card! :p But that's your first lesson to be mature and do something on your own and not how you're told to.

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Wha...?

*checks Arcanum box*

Son-of-a-biatch, I can't believe I missed that! Oh well, that isn't really what I was talking about anyway. All the hotkeys are listed in the manual.

I was talking about a small pamphlet or something that laid out the different backgrounds and racial differences, modifiers, etc. You know, stuff like that.

11. Wump

Wump New Member

i think they did this on purpose to keep the focus on the story and keep the mechanics of the game hidden. I'm not sure I like it. The item description could be more detailed for example.
    The whole combat system is a bit pale compared to Fallout. But again probably all by design.

12. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

High perception works in Arcanum in a similar fashion to the way it worked in Fallout. The higher your perception, the less the range and light penalties affect your character. Then again, Throwing Mastery can negate range penalties as well.

13. Dromar

Dromar New Member

If you master throwing you dont get perception penalties :smile:

14. Erikkson Diablobane

Really? If that is true then I won't need to waste points in perception. Instead it is better to put more points in the throwing skill and dexterity so that I can reach the rank of master quickly :grin:

Our Host!