buy a book?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by motormilk, Oct 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. motormilk

motormilk New Member

I have bought an (electrical?) book, for 750.
    what can i do with it?

2. thenightgaunt

thenightgaunt New Member

Ok, I love those little things now. I finally found out how to use them and theyre really handy. what you do is, say you want to build an item that you found the schematic to. now lets say its...um the acid gun. ok, you have a high enough (chem i think i can remember the tech that acid is under) teck, but you gun skill is sadly 30 points under what is required to build this weapon. well, for each "gunsmithy" book you have in your inventory, it brings your tech rating for that tech up 20-30 points (or somewhere around there)Think of it as trying to build a gun while reading how to in a book and checking it now and then for help. that way you can buy 2 gunsmithy books and as long as you have them on you, your tech level for gunsmithy is high enough to be able to built some of the more higher level weapons. this is great because there are always times that you dont have any points to spend on tech while at the same time you need to build something way out of your league.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, your intelligence times the number of books you have in your inventory for a particular discipline gives you the expertise in a particular area - 1 explosives book with 8 intelligence will give you 8 explosives expertise for instance.

Those damn books weigh 200 stone each though! Too bad you can't read them, to get permanent expertise without buying degrees :sad:. Then again, if you could do that, you could build heaps and heaps of stuff that you normally couldn't. Oh well...

4. thenightgaunt

thenightgaunt New Member

here's what i did, i just bought a whole lot of the suckers and stored them at the library. that way they're easily accessable and it makes it worth what you pay to get your library card

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Storing them in a certain location that you often visit, let say, Tarant would do the trick. Later on, get back to them whenever you need to make something that is beyond your tech degree. The more books you have for that particular discipline, the more chances of getting a higher degree.

Our Host!