Boxed in goodies

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by dougkaye, Oct 27, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Has anyone found a way to retrieve goodies that are boxed in by four walls. An example is the 2000 gold at Kerlin's Altar.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Honestly, I think they are just there for decoration.

There's a sword at the ancient maze that is unretrievable as well, but not being able to get those items is really frustrating.

Oh well :smile:.

3. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

Frustration continues

Yeah, I know. I think I spent over an hour trying different ways (and characters) to get that sword.

4. Greebley

Greebley New Member

I think it was a design error.

If you notice there is a window there that is very hard to go through. I think that window was supposed to lead INSIDE the area with the sword, instead it misses. In any case it is very suspicious that you can't get through the window. It is as if the computer didn't know that you could get from one side to the other (which would occur if the window led into the sword area; I am not sure how they do their "path planning" but it seems to disagree with the actual map layout). My guess is that the wall got moved at some point (locking the sword into an unreachable area) and noone noticed. These things can happen when you make a game.

5. Nugget of Joy

Nugget of Joy New Member

The wall thing

There was originally a spell that was in the game that made you able to walk through walls, but they took it out. You miss out on a magic sword in the ancient maze, that gold at Kerlin's Alter, and some other stuff, I think.

6. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I think there is some spell, Unseen Force I think it is, that will move an item close to one wall so you can grab it

7. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

anyone try using body of air to get to the sword? just wondering....

8. Nugget of Joy

Nugget of Joy New Member

You can't unseen-force the sword (I've tried before) because it says you can't see it.

9. Milo

Milo New Member

The only way (that I know of) to get those boxed in items is to use the world map. Someone posted this technique over at the Arcanum Inn.

It's very tedious and you don't get much out of it. The sword in the Ancient Maze is an Arcane Sword. Whoop Dee Doo.

If you really want it, though, here's the way to get it:

You need to go to the world map, not the town map. Then plot a course that'll take you across the Ancient Maze. Right as your dot is passing over the Ancient Maze, click the round button to the right of the map. Depending on where you clicked it, you'll wind up in different spots within the maze. In order to get into the blocked in part, you have to do the above procedure over and over and over until you hit just the right spot.

I've never tried this myself, because I don't think it's not worth the frustration. I don't know first hand whether this works or not. But for what it's worth, the procedure seems right, and should work. The guy who posted it over at the Inn seemed believable.

Our Host!