bates mansion

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by backstabber, Aug 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. backstabber

backstabber New Member

how can i get bates mansion? i have enuf money (1 mil) and prefer the transfer to be done in a peaceful way.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Check this out. And remember about "search" feature. Especially that you did post in that thread.

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

just wanted to have a greater chance to get mi question answered

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Point is it was already thorooughly discussed in a thread you even replied to yourself. And since you didn't specify what, if any, problem you have with a recipe given there I take it you could just use that recipe w/o making new topic about the same thing.

5. JLSheesley

JLSheesley New Member

So what is wrong about new topics, I LIKE new topics.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Damn, a real topic-digger you are, eh?

Nothing's bad with new topics in general. This case was special and you have all the reasons as to why it is so listed above.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

But he wants a non violent way to do it, like dropping the Baneful Guantlets or the Diseased Leather armour next to Bates & waiting for him to put it on & die. You can do it with the invisibility ring, but then you have to find an invisible corpse to get the ring back.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But how does this make you own late mr. Bates mansion?

9. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Dragoon ...
    If we discount from your "Total Posts" all the posts you have put reminding someone about the FAQ's and the SEARCH feature, would you still be a Technological Marvel?

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It gets rid of the current owner without your PC getting the rep of Bates' killer.

11. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

That would be about 5-10 posts less afaik. Besides I mentioned search feature because backstabber started a new thread about the very same issue (with really detailed answers given) which was already thoroughly discussed so it is very easy to find it AND he had his very own posts in that old thread. That's what bothered me. If he had not posted there I'd simply give him that link giving up mentioning search feature this time.

As for reminding of FAQ I do that only when someone asks how to quote, write bold, italic etc. because it's explained very clearly there so why bother writing it again.

I meant how does it give you "Mansion owner" (or whatever it says) notice in yuor logbook. That's how you become a real owner. Not that it makes any difference as to what extent you can use the mansion.

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Well you still have to buy it after he's dead.

13. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I think the pooint of the mansion is to get Bates' journal without killing the guards.

14. Luinil

Luinil New Member

if you have bates kill himself with baneful guantlets or some other such item, buy the mansion, and then resurrect him do you still get the his mansion?

the only reason i see to do this is to make sure tarant doesnt fall into chaos at the end of the game, but still

15. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Whats the point of not making Tarant fall into kaos at the end of the game, its fun. I suppose your idea would work but it might still fall into kaos.

Our Host!