Bangellion Scourge question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by JoeFro84, Jul 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. JoeFro84

JoeFro84 New Member

Im thinking about a battlemage, and wondered what kind of effects id run into while using the scourge and the dark helm. Will the item combination make people hate my guts? I like the idea, but wouldnt like every npc in the game hating me.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Each time you put on the Dark Helm your MA will increase by 20 and your alignment will drop. VERY soon your alignment will stick at -100 and will not budge no matter what you do in the game. It's like playing Baldur's Gate.

Each time you equip the Scourge your alignment will drop (I think depending on your MA, not sure) and your followers' reactions will lower as well. At 89 MA their reaction dropped by 9 points each time I equiped the Scourge, even though they themselves were evil, and even though Dog doesn't usually care what else you do.

Personally I find both items to suck a whole lotta fun outta the game.

3. JoeFro84

JoeFro84 New Member

Thats kind of what i was afraid of...i could just only equip the thing once too if that was a problem, is the scourge a quick weapon at least? I found a lot of people saying the pyrotechnic axe was a nice weapon, nice damage indeed...but boring as hell waiting for my dwarf to swing it, who knows.

4. Canis

Canis New Member

I don't remember its speed, but it is a very nice weapon if you don't mind it completely destroying major roleplaying aspects of your game. The pyro axe is plenty fast. Just up your dex. It doesn't need to be as fast as some other weapons because of the huge amount of damage it does. Rather like the Axe of Lost Time.

5. JoeFro84

JoeFro84 New Member

True, i guess once my speed is at 25...if thats possible with a dwarf, should be since i have 2 charged rings. Right now its at 14, i wasnt thinking about that. Id hate to get rid of roleplaying aspects, ahh well, back to the drawing board with how to have a nice battlemage!

6. Bastion Of Last Hope

Bastion Of Last Hope New Member

Er....

Slightly off topic I know but all this talk of bad reactions reminded me. I once got a bit bored and Molotoved the dog which made it's reaction -1039! Ee gads! I thought, so as I put the beast down with the trusty revolver Virgils reaction dropped to -949 and he said:

"Sir. I'm really begininng to hate you."

7. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, directly attacking your followers can have that result. :roll:

I believe the max dex for a dwarf is 19. If you want to go faster you'll have to use a potion of speed or the like.

Could be wrong though.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The fastest weapon in the game is Jormund's Staff of Xanorath. Speed 33. Either let Jormund fight with it for comedy or give it to someone with ST > 20 & watch the damage bonuses pile up. Fast.

Our Host!