Another Virgil Question (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Quint, Nov 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quint

Quint New Member

Ok, so virgil left me after finishing the dark elf village, and I've read in this forum where he would be, but is there any actual clues pointing you in that direction or are you supposed to just search every corner of caladon hoping to find him? somebody mentioned a newspaper, is there any clue in that one? I have a vague memory of finding a newspaper on the street outside the pub but probably didn't read it carfully enough.

And also, I've read about virgil dropping several levels and loosing melee skills etc when you find him again. But when I found him, he was exactly the same as when he left, still lvl 32, no dark necromancy skills, melee and dodge skills intact. Is this a bug or a feature?

2. Slobbergoose

Slobbergoose New Member

At one point, V. breaks away at a graveyard to pay his respects to someone. After you talk to him click on the headstone for the dead guy's name, then go to the hall of records in tarant & they give you an archived newspaper reporting his (virgils friend) death. That's the only real clue I can think of.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I noticed this, too. I think it's something the devs put in for the 1074 patch. Before this patch, Virgil would rejoin my party at lvl 25, with black necro spells, and with all my shit gone. After the 1074 patch, he returns exactly as he was before he left. Well, I suppose he does have a different outlook on life.

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

A lot has change in 1074 that's why I'm not using it... yet.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've installed 1074 because of the bow bug and follower levels and what not...I can't wait to use it...just waiting to get my Arcanum cd's back...BLOODY HURRY UP AND RETURN THEM YOU BASTARD!

6. William Walker

William Walker New Member

....but he is(was) not virgil's friend, dead is virgil's brother murdered as warning to virgil from underground

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!