Amulet of Leadership and Followers Autoleveling Scheme

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by pdsullivan, Feb 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

HELP!
    I have been searching the web for nearly two hours trying to find someone who knows where the Amulet of Leadership is located. So, if anyone out there knows, PLEASE fill me in...
    What I know so far-it is listed in the strategy guide as a quest item, yet I've searched that book from front to back and found nothing, as well as having already beat the game once and not come across it. Like I said, if you know where it is, don't hold out on me.
    Also, if it is possible to do so, I would LOVE to change my follower's autoleveling schemes. But how?

Any help here would be hot...

Thanks, Patrick Sullivan

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Welcome to the Forum! :wavey:
    Well, I think the jewelry you want is around the neck of a Panarii Priest, in the Temple in Tarant. No Quest involved there. Just run in and kill him. My memory could be off here, though.
    As far as the auto-leveling schemes, I think you would have to hack to change them for your followers. But I haven't done that. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2002-02-12 16:35 ]</font>

3. enygma

enygma New Member

nope i just checked, you cant do it. darn!

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Feldon Kane, you are thinking about the Jewel of Hebe (might be spelled wrong?). It is in the chest next to the priest in Tarant. I have no idea where the Medallion of Leadership is. I know it exists though. About the follower's level scheme, I don't think you can change it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gamenut on 2002-02-14 05:52 ]</font>

5. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Yeah that was the Jewel of Hebe. Adding on to that. I do know it is not around the neck of Alexander the Acolyte, any of the priests in Vooriden, Praetor, Loghaire, Randaver, Raven, Min Gorad, Nasrudin, Mayor of Ashbury/Blackroot, or any other religious/political leader or figurehead that I have mentioned there or can think of. The only two I can think of having left out are that King in Caladon and Maximillian. I'll check the King but I don't know of a way back to the Isle of Despair, so next time you're there, look for me would ya?
    Thanks to anyone who gives this there time!

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

There is mothing wrong with the Jewel of Hebe either. I used it all the time when i played a dumb, ugly, and uncharismatic ogre.(Melee master, dodge master, you know a killing machine) The jewel raises your beauty and charisma by two points each(I think).

7. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Agreed, nothing wrong with the jewel of hebe. But if you've already maxed out charisma it don't help you out squat for getting another follower. I need that Amulet of Leadership, d*mn it!! BTW found out it's not on the King of Caladon. Also, I've heard tale of the Ring of Influence and Caladon Crusading armor adding to your max followers. I've picked up the Crusading mail and found that it didn't seem to-anybody know why? But where is this Ring of Influence and who has it and what exactly does it do?

8. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

I've never seen or heard of the amulet of leadership so I can't help you there. The rign of persuation is worn by J.T. Morant at Grants Tavern its +3 be and cha. He is also the haggle master, just in case you intended to go out and kill him for the ring.

9. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Thanks for that, at least. However I was referring to the Ring of Influence, if there is one at least (I'm pretty sure there is). Amulet of Leadership was not on Maximillian. I've searched every priest, leader, or figurehead I've come by and not one of them has it. It's most likely around the neck of one of these type people yet I am willing to be proven wrong. Forgive the outburst yet no one among you knows where this Amulet of Leadership is? All you who have beaten this game and hit upon every little nook, cranny, and side quest and have not found it? I so want to believe it's not true...

(BTW, that was a cry for help, not a farflung insult)

Our Host!