All things electrical

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Boon, Aug 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Boon

Boon New Member

How do you get the shocking staff to work? It's all powered up, but it does not do any electrical damage just normal staff damage in combat.

By the way the electrical armour that Sebastion has is there anyway to build a set of your own?

2. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

You can build a healing jacket with lvl 5 electricity, you need leather armour (your size) and an electric harness.
    To use the shocking staff you nedd batteries

3. Boon

Boon New Member

I have plenty of batteries for the shocking staff it just does not work in combat.

4. JLSheesley

JLSheesley New Member

I was playing with a SS just to see how they work and I think that they only work once in each battle. The first time I attack with it I get this electric arc and it sucks down 4 batteries and it puts out some good damage and then just does staff damage.

As for the electrical armour that Sebastion has I have never found the Schematics for it or the powered axe he comes with.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I also had problems with this stuff. When I attacked someone all my action points were used all at once and I didn't even get to do any damage.

6. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

For the shocking staff to be effective, you have to be in real time combat mode. In turn-based, it sucks up all your action points, doing damage based on how "long" it is shocking the target. Thus, if you don't have heaps of APs and hit on the first strike, it won't do much...

In real-time, it will slaughter baddies with great efficacy.

7. JLSheesley

JLSheesley New Member

I don't know about that as I only use turn based as I can to Arcanum from Fallout and I like turn based. I never had that problem. When I used it it worked just like any other weapon and used up a number of AP based on its speed but it shocked only on the first attack of the battle. It needs to charge up I think and may be why it don't list a batteries cost like all other ammo useing weapons.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The best use I've found for shocking staffs is to sell them to the junk dealer in Tarant. I was getting 937 gold each for them last night.

9. JLSheesley

JLSheesley New Member

Man if you need cash go for Eye Gear. You can buy the stuff for them at the tech shop in Tarant for next to zip and sell them back to him for over 2 grand.

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You can have two eye-gear sets per day if you're lucky. Get necessary items from general store, tech story, factory foreman and junk dealer. Btw don't upgrade e-g to goggled helmet before selling because you'll actually get less money.

Our Host!