AHH *BLEEEEEEP* ING FOLLOWERS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Berbal, Jan 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Berbal

Berbal New Member

I am having a REALLY irritating time with my followers. It goes like this; I get a follower (yipee! =P). Follower helps me get through 1/2 a dungeon (wohoo! =). Follower suddenly freezes in the middle of a fight where i had forgotten to save since 20 minutes ago (whu...? =0). I frantically use all my potions but die anyway (*BLEEP* >=0 ) I load back up where I was and my Follower is stuck in one position and wont respond to anything (*click* . . . *click* ...*click*.. *click*.*click* *click click click click click* ARG!!! *BLEEEP* >X0 ). Then i get pissed and quit the game to see if when i restart the game it will be fixed. It isn't (AHH *BLEEEEEEEP*ING FOLLOWERS!!!!! >=[ ). Which leads me to making a post as seen here( *grumble grumble grumble* >=( ).

This series of events (cept this is the first time i'm posting it) have happened to me with all 3 of the followers I've gotten. At first I thought it might be they were angry at me but they were still at amiable. Has this happened to anyone else and if it has, can it be fixed?? Help me! these *bleep*ing followers make it SO much easier to beat this game!

2. Berbal

Berbal New Member

forgot this part

i forgot to ask, how many followers do people have with them on average? ive never had more then 1 with me at a time (and usually he only lasts 45 minutes before he freezes on me) and only a total of 3

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Sounds like a bug, if your not too far ahead in the game, scrap your game.

4. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Actually, that happened to me once. I just kept running until I got to a level change, you know like the upstairs of a place or a new city, and then he would respond again. I don't know if this helps, but you can always try.

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Re-install the game.
    And save your game in at least three different slots, and at different times, so you'll have a better chance of recovering a game.
    Does the freeze-up always happen in the same area? I think there is a creature that can turn your followers to stone (via the Flesh to Stone spell, I think). It's happened to me before.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2002-01-06 22:46 ]</font>

6. Lia

Lia New Member

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

yeah but i bet the dog was one of them though, he doesn't count to your followers total

8. DrFraud

DrFraud New Member

The last time I played, my techie had Virgil, Geoffrey, an' Torian Kel. (Her charisma was never very high, an' there ain't that many evil peeps in the early- to near-endgame anyway.)

9. Rick

Rick New Member

I'm currently playing with five followers plus the dog. That's the max allowable for my 16 charisma expert in persuasion. I haven't experienced the bug you're refering to. I've played just up to Ashbury, and have installed what I believe is the most recent Sierra patch (1.074).

I like playing with lots of followers, and if I can find a way to raise my half-orc's charisma to 20, I will.

--Rick

10. SlytheTyrasit

SlytheTyrasit New Member

11. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Back to Berbal's question -- followers will also freeze-up if they spot a monster (somehow they can see monsters through walls) but can't get at them. Followers will stand in one spot, glaring at the creatures, poised for the attack, and continue to do so until you dispatch the beasts or run so far away from your followers that they are forced to come after you.

12. enygma

enygma New Member

that happens to me all the time Allmighty Feldon Kane

13. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Are they conscious? Look at their fatigue level and make sure its not negative. Whenever they critically fail and knock themselves out they freeze in the combat stance and you have to wait for them to come out of it.

Our Host!