About leaving characters...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fantasymick, Nov 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

What's the difference between asking them to leave you or wait for you? Which of the two allows them to join you again? I tried telling Magnus to leave my party, but when I went to Tyrant later, I couldn't find him anymore.

And by the way, if ya got more party members, does it mean you lvl up slower? Thx.

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

If you have your characters wait to long, they will leave you.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

when you tell them to waint too long and they leave or you tell them to leave, they always return to the place where you found them. In some cases 'cause of a bug they don't and disappear for good. and you level up slower 'cause of the experience system
    you get xp. for each hit delivered to a monster, then if your follwers do the hitting you don't get the xp. you only get it for ultimatly killing the monster.

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

i left the Magnus in Ashbury, then headed immediately to Tyrant. Should he be right beside that weird shop you found him at?

I just tried another character, that dog you found in Ashubury. I told him to leave in Tyrant and went to Ashbury, but he wasn't where I found him.

My question is, is there a time limit before the npc will appear again or something else?

6. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

i left the Magnus in Ashbury, then headed immediately to Tyrant. Should he be right beside that weird shop you found him at?

I just tried another character, that dog you found in Ashubury. I told him to leave in Tyrant and went to Ashbury, but he wasn't where I found him.

My question is, is there a time limit before the npc will appear again or something else?

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Do you mean how long can your follower take the wait? Check my site under the followers section.

8. fantasymick

fantasymick New Member

No, I mean after you leave them, how long does it take before they show up again in the splot where you first found them.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's different for each character. Dwarves have the least patience, and so go back sooner. Virgil waits a fair while. Perriman Smythe waits forever! At least with my gunfighter, he was there for ages (a year at least). Then again, I picked him up pretty near to where he "spawns". I was disappointed that he and Sebastian didn't get voices. After all, they were in that work of fiction by Chadwick Moore.

10. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I think Magnus should be shot on sight, much less be cared about if he leaves.

11. MangoMouse

MangoMouse New Member

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Would this be a bad time to mention that for the most part I like Magnus?

13. Ioo

Ioo New Member

No it's a good time, this forum is sex orientation biased free.

you betcha

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

They don't show up there if you just keep sleeping. After you've gone far from where you left them then go back and find them gone, they'll be at either their starting position or their favorite place / home.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's also good that they don't lose all their equipment.

16. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What do you mean? If you've got expensive/rare/one-of-a-kind equipment, you don't want it to be lost forever do you? If characters were completely reset after they left for leaving them too long, I'd be pretty damn pissed off if all sorts of equipment that I worked hard for disappeared...

18. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I mean with the subject or the post you are trying to reply. It doesn't say anything about equipments.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm simply saying that it's good that when they get sent back to their starting spots, they haven't lost everything...it was more of an added thought to the original topic.

20. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

It is possible that lost those things but during the time Virgil was leaving, I had him strip naked with all those equipments into my inventory.

Our Host!