A Question about Familiars

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Akki, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Akki

Akki New Member

I've been saving up for the Summon Familiar spell for a while. After seeing the ogre and demon beat down everything in their way, I expected the familiar to be, oh I don't know, a 40 foot fire breathing lizard or something. Instead I got a tiny flying critter that is very quickly killed and has very low damage. I've managed to keep my latest one alive for a good long time but it is only level 8. I was just wondering whether or not it grows bigger as it levels? Does it get any abilities?

I'm running the retail version btw.

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

A familiar won't level up even if you level up. So far the highest level my familiar has is level 35. Master in Dodge and Melee, I think.

3. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Its starting strength depends on your magical apt. If your 100% your get a decent flying rat, but if your 50 or lower you'll get a tiny ankle biter that makes a really funny noise and a lite breeze will kill him.

Also Familiars do lvl up, at least mine did. The thing is if your followers are a higher lvl then you and you lvl up they won't lvl up till they're lvl is equal to or less then yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArchAngel on 2001-09-18 16:03 ]</font>

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!