ARGH!!! Need help with Virgil (doesn't everyone).

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bonnie, Sep 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Ok, so thanks to this wonderful board, I knew that Virgil would leave the party AND drop a few levels upon his return. So I was prepared - so I thought.

My character, before he left, was level 39. He came back to the party at level 27. So with the Arcanum Edit thing, I got my character down to level 27 too.

When I got Virgil back, I noticed he had some dark necromancy spells, he did not have them before he left. Cool, so I thought - his dodge, open locks and melee are NON EXISTANT!!! They're gone!

So when my character and him became level 39 once again, I ecpected him to be back to normal. Not a chance.

Also the Arcanum edit doesn't recognise him as being in my save game anymore! So I can't just edit his stats. ARGH!

Help me...

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Dkoepp has updated the cheat to version 1.7. It works fine with that one.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Nope, still can't edit Virgin's stats. :sad: Argh!!!

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Have you downloaded the latest version? It works fine for me as long as Virgil is in your team.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

OF COURSE I downloaded the latest version! But although I can edit his stats before he leaves, I can not edit them back to normal when he comes back.

This is annoying, cos I managed to get him back up to my level, but he still has no skills in dodge, melee or pick locks, the skills he had before are still non existant!

6. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

After Virgil rejoins your party you need to use the Zen-Virgil npc in order to edit him. If you are using this and you still can not edit him then email me the save. It is possible the value I used to find him only appeared in the saves I had and not all saves.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Zen-Virgil isn't on the list when I open the Arcanum Edit. I am using the latest version.

I would rather not email my saved game file - its been hacked to bits already trying to fix Virgil. :smile:

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Look for it. Zen-Virgil is somewhere at the bottom list.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member

Doh! What I ment to say is that I can edit Zen Virgil, up to a point. I can edit stats, but can't edit skills or magic. The editor gets some run time error or just goes off.

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You know what, I do receive the same problem, only with Sogg. Once I did a successful edit even with all the errors but I end up corrupting my save files. :sad:

Our Host!