Gamespy's top 10 reasons why RPGs suck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinxed, Oct 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Most of us here have one thing in common, we love RPGs. This is why I found this thing so hilarious. Read away.

2. xento

xento New Member

Actually, most of us here have two things in common; we like RPGs and hate Gamespy.

That link is one good reason supporting the latter.

However, it is very funny! Thanks for sharing, Jinxed! :lol:

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I thought that was funny. It's true. A lot of RPGs are like how he says they are. "I have a nice home somewhere else, yet I stand here all day waiting for you to ask me mundane questions and to give you quests"!

4. xento

xento New Member

Just wait a couple decades when games will take up 2 DVDs and will have almost realistically intelligent NPCs. :)

5. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Dude I must amitt it was funny ripping of RPGs. :D

Not all RPGs are like that, must have been playing crappy ones. :)

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's a funny one Jinxed. :lol:

This reminds me of the time when me and my brother used to make comic strips about the very same subject - each strip consisted of two scenes, one when someone was doing something in a game (in which it worked) and another one, were the very same guy attempted to do the very same thing in reality (were it, of course, failed)

Couldn't agree more. :)

Ah, but we won't have any DVDs then. There'll only be UMDMCs (Ãœber-Multi-Dimensional-Memory-Cells)... duh!

And at that time, we won't be sitting in front of computers either. We'll just have to wire our very own brains up to the massive computer that takes up the entire world, and continue our lives as binary beings in the largest MMORPG ever. What a joy!

7. xento

xento New Member

Not within two decades.

Although, there will, yes, surely be a far larger storage disk, but I uses DVD because that is still a new thing; to have a PC game on DVD, and DVDs will be the standard for a long time, just like CDs have been thus far, and floppy disks before them.

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

1st, the future of gaming talk. Stop it. For all we know, the sun could have spat out a massive amout of radiation 5 minutes ago, leaving us all with a whopping 3 minutes to live.
    The point was that we have no idea what is going on now, much less with gaming 20 years from now.
    2nd, on the article. It was written to be funny. It is about Everquest and Console RPGs. The only game he mentions that I would play is Wasteland.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

about all that future of gaming garbage, remember how cool the nintendo power glove was? thats been the only decent application of "virtual reality" in non-arcade style gaming in my opinion. they've come out with helmets and gloves for the pc but they've all sucked. the movie lawn mower man was soooooo wrong when it came to the applications of "vr" it makes me want to cry.

friggin dumb ass movie ass holes...

10. xento

xento New Member

Chill. I was just making rough predictions. :)
    Deus Ex is alright, but not my favorite, and I know he was kidding, and so was I.

11. Settler

Settler Member

Hey, xento, nice to hear from you again...

Anyway, am I the only person on T-A that actually likes Gamespy?

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Settler, I'm not sure you realized it, but Xento's post says Oct 23, not Nov 23...

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Yes, but its a good thing he did, I didn't read all of this topic before and now Dark Elf has inspired me.

Anyone able to help me wire everyone into one massive super computer (Matrix) and then, dare I say it, RULE THE WORLD!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!