New source of power

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I agree. I'ld like it to be thrown far into the future! But, it'ld be making Arcanum look like a newer copy of Fallout though... except different storyline. So the lastest I'ld want them to go if I wanted originality is the 1990s, or present day, I haven't seen any RPGs(not horror/ action etc. but RPGs like Arcanum) based on the present day it was made. It'll be like us, except in Arcanum. Plus what about MORE CONTENIENTS and what is up with no tropical areas? How'd about more weather types for a change? I'ld like tropical and the China type. (Just about everywhere seems naturaly temperate, so I'm not surprised all humans are European)

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Well actually, thanatos was a tropical Island, if you weren't paying attention...and the all European thing bugs me too, it should be a little more varied than that I think...

3. Susano

Susano New Member

again, this is due to the genre, Steampunkw hich mostly covers the style of the Victorian era... and where did Voctoria live? right, good ol' Europe....

4. Gavla

Gavla New Member

Stuff the genre already
    Ya gotta bend the rules to make it interesting.

5. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Well if you guys read how much trouble they had adding just FEMALES to the game, can you imagine if they added different races?

6. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

I bet most of the problem in adding females was "bikini's or nude?"
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

M@C, if they managed to do in Fallout (what, a decade ago?), then they shouldn't have too much trouble doing it in Arcanum.
    Besides, Elves and Humans have different skins. All they'd have to do would be to add a few more qualifiers. No biggie if they set the code up right.

8. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I think there were only about 8 character types (red head woman, black hair woman, old guy?, black buff guy, white buff guy, tribal) the rest were pretty much the same with some variation to that (only about 5 armor types) and 6 - 8 weapon animations (even then those weren't complete, for example sulik in FO2 couldn't use a club because he didn't have the animation for it), multiply all that together you got about 320 types

Now take arcanum, 8 species, 2 sexes, 10 armor types (probably more), maybe 7 weapons, and if you add 2 races that would ammount to what 2240, not to mention that there are different armor sizes that they gotta make...

9. Etalis Craftlord

They don't have to program every individual combination, you know.

10. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

I think they started getting lazy when they got to ogres and half ogres, taking to note that finding good armor for them is very difficult half the time.

11. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

Well, they tend to kill the opponent before they get hit. So they dont need as much armor.

12. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

13. Etalis Craftlord

It makes perfect sense in the setting, though; half-orcs and orcs aren't exactly the highest social level. It's hardly surprising that they have fewer choices when it comes to armor.

14. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

15. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

Back to the original topic, about a new tech breakthrough other that steam power
    ths might seem a little bit egotistical, but the name pf the game was Arcanum of STEAMWORKS and Magick obscura
    just reminding you. Also the combustion would b a good idea, putting arcanum in present time would b a bad idea, it destroyes the whole feel of the game and makes it too fallout like.
    sorry people, i didnt realize that there was another page before i posted this, im an idiot.

16. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Nuclear power could be used, read the Steampunk novel Victoria's Bomb which is about the British Empire building the world's first nuke.

Also I'm trying to create a new theme for Steampunk, ATOMIC STEAMPUNK! (Basically nuclear powered steamworks and blimps)

Most modern power stations use steam power in some form anyway, both coal and nuclear power stations use fuels which heats up water turning it into steam.

17. Yerok

Yerok New Member

I can't remember where I've heard it :/ (Or I would quote them), but someone mentioned that combining a technological battery with an electricity-producing magical item would cause a chain reaction that produced enough energy to fuel the whole universe :eek: if need be. Now, I certainly don't know all the details, but I'm sure some genius could figure out how to pull it off. All I know is that there must be something to absorb the energy produced.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're second huge gravedig that I've seen. Consider yourself a gravedigger. :thumbdown:

19. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

you also called me a gravedigger in a previous forum, the virgil one. About gravedigging, i just started looking at this site a couple of weeks ago, so dont blame me as i havent even read my way through all of the forums yet.
    i know i might be messed up, but have pity on a luzer

20. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

I feel your pain Arconis. im in the same damn predicament you are.

Our Host!