Two odd difficulties....

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Trin, Oct 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Trin

Trin New Member

Hiya! Two weird things I can't seem to solve:

1. My DX is stuck at 19. It's gone red, and I don't know why. I'm an elf, so I don't think it should be that low; I've tried "healing," I've tried unloading eveything I have, I've tried all kinds of things, but it won't let me up it - wha'ts going on?

2. Moorindal and Halcyon won't accept my offerings. Am I doing them out of order or something?

2. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

as an answer to your first point you have probably been cursed for doing the second point in the wrong order

3. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

1.i think its one of your items doing it i think one of the helmets reduces your dx by 1.

2. either wrong offering or out of order.

4. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Have you been drinking? Boozing it up can do interesting things to your physical stats.

As for the other? Wrong order, for sure.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

1)Looks like you've lost 2 DX somewhere. Have you been going through the sewers in Tarant? There is a sword called the Blackstone Blade that reduces your DX by 2 permanently. NEVER equip anything that isn't identified and NEVER let your followers equip it either.

2)Moorindal and Halcyon are major gods. They wil onlyl accept your offerings AFTER you make offerings to the proper minor gods.

Here's the link that will show you the correct order of making offerings.
    http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/questinfo/blesscurse.shtml

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Look in the blessings & curses section of your logbook. If an out of order blessing is affecting you, it will show up there. If it is from an injury, it will show up in the combat record in your logbook.

If nothing shows up in either place, Solarius' guess is probably right, & either you have a save from before you went into the sewers, or you are stuck at 19 DX till the end of the game or you edit your saved game.

The offering thing. You are on the edge of "the God Quest". Either look up the Elf PhD. at Trant University, read his book & print out his wall chart, or run a search here on "the God Quest" if you want to be permanently spoiled. It is a great & well rewarded puzzle.

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I thought the Blackstone blade reduced your dx 4. It does on my version.

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You're right. Still, only the Blackstone blade can reduce DX by more than 1. He is probably wearing Gloves of Dexterity, and his real DX is lower than he says it is.

Our Host!