Annoyance with Sig length - ignore promptly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Sep 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is the signature limit silly?

1. Yes, sig size is not determined by number of characters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it is a necessary thing to keep the sig sizes small. Now where's my sister, it's time to get it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like any of those options, or you. Die Icairus!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ][ a/\/\ 700 1337 fo j00!!!! ][ be 1337 HaXorez!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I don't know. When I'm in a graveyard I don't like to walk where the bodies are lying. And at the same time, I don't think you should constantly insult dead people, out of some respect. But I also think that, if the topic comes up, you can't lie about the dead guy and say how great he was. How is that different about lying about a good dead guy and saying he was terrible?

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you know... if you havent seen his movies or any of routines and all you are basing your opinion of him on is the fact that you think he was a "fat fuck" then i dont think you can really judge his work, or the value of his work. i think he was very talented, you can dl some videos of his routines on kazaa, (even some movies) too.

all of this "not speaking ill of the dead" stuff is bullshit too though. what about hitler and charles manson? if i speak ill of them does it mean another 8 million jews are going to die? what a bunch of bullshit. if jarinor wants to talk shit about chris farley because he did a little coccain just like all the movie stars of the 80's early 90's then he can but i'd like to point out that if this fact makes his work arbage, then what about jimi hendrix's? or jackson pollock?

or elvis? oh wait nm, fuck elvis, elvis sucked donkey balls, and deserved worse than dying of auto-erotic asphyxiation on the toilet.

3. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I dug up elvis and theres nothing there. (that cheap bastard)
    Probably had himself creamated or probably had his corpse on display in some place in Turkey.
    But I didn't know you could die from eating to many rolaids.

4. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

It's my astounding maturity level. However, I am not as old as you think.

I don't really like Chris Farley. I think he was really annoying. On the other hand, I loved John Belushi, because he actually was funny. Sadly, he was also a drug addict who died too young. (John Belushi=way out of Chris F.'s league, plus much less fat.)

5. Milo

Milo New Member

I agree. John Belushi was genuinely funny, where Chris Farley was too over the top. I felt bad for him watching his skits sometimes. He seemed like he was a sad fat dude that was trying too hard to get people to laugh at him.

6. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I'd like to add my voice to the sentiments against Sleek's sig pic. It's too large, too prevalent, and too annoying.

I'd also like to point out the hypocrisy in Jarinor's stance that "speaking ill of the dead" is a lot less worse than "lying about the dead". "Lying about the dead" is a subset of "speaking ill of the dead" and, whether one tells a good lie or a bad lie about the deceased, one is still "speaking ill of the dead" by not conveying truth. Death is sacred. I think we should all respect the dead as we respect anything that is sacred. I don't think that those Chippendale's pictures of Farley are respectful and Sleek's defense that they honor his memory is a charade.

7. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Obviously you've never seen a fat sweaty man jiggling harder than something that jiggle's hard.

8. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Well, actually, that Chippendale sketch on SNL was just about the only funny thing Farley ever did. Much as I have to agree that he embarrassed himself by sweating and jumping around in hopes that someone would laugh (even the description of him given by him friends in his "later" years), that sketch with him and Patrick Swayze was funny, and, dare I say it, even deep. It was full of pathos and perhaps a metaphor for the career not only of Farley, but also of quite a few failed "class clown" style comedians. It also speaks to all of us who work and work and work, even gaining a measure of success, only to fail when challenged by someone who is only gifted and has never even considered trying like we have. OK, the "we" wasn't correct. I don't work very hard, but you get the point.

That said, I am SO GLAD Sleek stopped using the Farley sig. Good sketch, but, man, it was still nasty to look at every time I came around here.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

that was NOT the only funny thing he did, has everyone forgotten black sheep? or the "schmitt's gay" beer commercial? those were awesome.

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

MrNobodie I hereby inform you that you just made it to my exclusive "People who shouldn't be allowed to manage their own signatures" list.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

You realize now that he's going to post his sig as an answer to your post, Dragoon.

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I did realize that of course and hardly expected any positive reaction of him though right now when he knowns that I know, who knows? :)

Our Host!