Phosphate Camera?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Antoninus, Sep 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

I dunno if this is a glitch or what, but whenever I go into Tarant at night and go just above the Hall of Records, I get attacked by a gang of Orcs, no problem, I whup them, and one of them has a thing on them that says some thing like Potassium Phosphate but its shaped like a camera

2. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Unless you were on dope, I reckon that's a glitch, yes.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Weird, I don't believe there exists something like "Potassium Phosphate" in Arcanum.

You sure it wasn't Potassium Chloride? It's a chemical component, used together with Strong Poison to create the Paralyzer drug. It doesn't show up as a camera though... got to be a bug.

If you happen to be a chemist, you could always try to make Paralyzer out of your camera. :thumbup:

4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I get the same thing. And I must say, it happened far more than once. I've played through the game twice, and gotten the phosphate camera a grand total of six times. I'm patched. I've found no use for it, but it sells well.

5. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i dont really consider this a spoiler because if you cant figure this out yourself then you must not own the game... but i guess i'll put the whole warning up anyway...

<SPOILER!>

there is a quest early in the game where that rittzsee guy in shrouded hills wants you to bring him a camera, or something belonging to bessie toon. so may be thats the use it serves, even though its easier to get bessy's shoe...

7. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

No, it doesn't work. I only remember coming across two real cameras in the game. One at the beginning and one in Roseborough.

I've often come across this phosphate thingamy and Ristezze doesn't take it (I ws pretty disappointed at the time). I've never played a techie so I just sell it.

8. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I've also found it on those orcs... I've always had virgil hold it and could never figure out for the life of me what it does.
    Myabe theres a quest that the creators left out but left that in by accident?

9. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

No, considering it has a chemical name, but has a camera icon, I'd say it's far more likely it's a bug they never fixed, or even noticed. You can see how few of us noticed it. The beta testers probably just never got it. Even if it were quest, it would still come is some sort of container, I think.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I get it too. It's probably just a misdirected connection. The Pottasium phosphate got linked to the camera picture by mistake. I COULD TRY and fix it once I figure out how the fuck to work my stupid version of Undat, but I probably won't because I'm lazy. If you guys REALLY want me too though...

How bout this, make a new topic in this area about the glitches you've found that annoy the fuck out of you. Only post if you are patched up completely. I don't mean with the level cap gone or anything, although if I ever lose my mind and want to kill myself, I might try and play with that thing. But only post in the topic if you are patched 1074 because I don't have the energy to deal with the 8,000 little stupid problems with unpatched.

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

i dont know if this gravedigging but...
    ok i get this bug too
    i kill the orcs and they have an item called "potasium nitrate" with the icon of a camera

12. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

You're right. It's nitrate. Been a while. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if potassium nitrate solution is used in photography? That would add some sense to this.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'm pretty sure pottasium nitrate is an explosive...

i guess it could be used for one of those old time flash thingys, where they put the gun powder in the little trough and the photographer holds it up etc...

14. Wolf

Wolf New Member

i asked my mum(shame :-?) and she said it was used in explosives so i guess ur right sleek

15. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

don't be so relieved, you are crazy, sorry.
    but going on! I personally have several of that Potassium Nitrate... and I'm going to conduct several expiraments on it, (try to find a use for it) I'll be back within the hour!! no, more likely two... but anyway, (in my best Arnold Voice) I'll be back! :lol: :roll: :lol:

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude, you weren't back!

But no, I seriously doubt any substantial amount of potassium nitrate would be in photography, unless the photographer wanted to go out with a bang. Literally.

Well boys and girls, I JUST got art2bmp working (actually I got it working Frday, but I went paintballing), so I can finally check this thing out and try and find a new graphic for the chemical. I probably wo't get it very quickly, unless one of you has some insanely amazing computer graphics skill and is willig to let me bitch you around for an extended period of time...

17. Canis

Canis New Member

Blinky, IIRC the chemical has the camera graphic when you get it from the thugs but the metal bottle graphic when you buy it in the shop. If you're going to do anything with it why not use the existing bottle graphic for simplicity and consistency.

EDIT: The appropriate graphic can be viewed on this page, just so you know which one I'm talking about. :)

Fucking Dodgers have no offense. :x

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, that makes sense. I do need graphical slaves for other reasons however, like creating lots of graphics for some...additions... I'm planning.

With these ...additions... I do reserve all right's to blantant crypticness, so the person who helps me can't get all excited and tell everyone.

Our Host!