Replicable constant-quitting problem :-/

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ehldas, Sep 14, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ehldas

Ehldas New Member

Hi all,

I have a problem with the constant appearance of 'Do you want to quit' dialogs during the game, and also a crash whenever I try and move from one map to another.

This occurs immediately after I cross the Pass and travel down to Caladon for the first time, and does not occur in the preceding save game.

Once in Caladon, the dialogs start popping up constantly, and if I move off the map, teleport, or try to go through a trapdoor, the game instantly crashes to the desktop.
    My system is a Dell Inspiron 8000, 256MB of m emory, gigs of space free, WinME, clean install of the full purchased game, no hacking of save files at all.

It might be relevant to note that somehow I was never offered the ability to travel to Caladon in the normal way, despite being accepted as the negotiator by Willoughsby and commissioned to travel there. No-one will tell me how to get there, there's no map entry, no ship captain anywhere will carry me, and I can't buy a ship yet. So, I had to go there manually by walking to the Pass and then south to Caladon.

This is a showstopper... unless I can solve this the game is unplayable :-/

Regards,

Ehldas

2. Vyktr

Vyktr New Member

Yep...I feel your pain.

I'm going through the same thing...anyone have any ideas/fixes? I tried restarting from an older save, exiting game and restarting, restarting the PC, but no luck...this is bad.

Our Host!