i might not have a limp wrist or a featherboa, but i'm free!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Sep 15, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

ban me for this or not?

1. ban

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fucking hang him! the queer heroin smoking bastard!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

click this link guys! its hilarious!

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=89i3s8fi

this has to be the funniest thing i've ever seen on the internet.

anyway what i really wanted to say was that i'm getting my a car finally! i'll be 19 but i'll be free! its a used honda accord, from sometime in the late 90's! it doesnt have a cd player! HOORAY!

[​IMG]
    here is a picture of an equivelant. it looks a lot like mine so i think it might be a '96 model! WOWEE ZOWY! i'm gonna tear it up!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Great Sleek, just great. Now they'll just have to close all roads in America, tune down your engine to a top speed of 2 km/h, cover all of your car in very soft pillows and, if possible, let someone else do the driving for you.

Oh, and you promise you're not coming to Sweden, right :lol: ?

3. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

It almost makes me wish I was a little better at that game just so I could rape you on a daily basis.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'm actually a very conservative driver, (and by conservative i dont mean i'm a redneck who does 90mph through school zones) i mean i've been terrified to drive over 60 since i was in a car accident with my best friend in june, right before (or after?) i started posting here. my bestfriend was driving and he spun out and we flipped over, it was the scariest experience of my life.

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Your fear will be gone soon, driving fast will not be a fear for very long
    Soon, you will be driving 90 through school zones. I do. Only at night, though... my goal is not baby killing, just going fast.
    However, back to the point, you will be going fast. Don't lie to yourself. You will. In fact, you are probably attempting, and failing miserably, to break the sound barrier in your damn rice burner right now.

The ricer comment was a joke, I am not actually like that, really

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Congratulations on your new (used) car, Sleek. I (and approx 50 billion other people in the world) have also owned a mid/late 90's Honda.

It's a pretty nice car - especially if you keep up with the maintenance. Hondas last forever, man. I really like them. They're the epitome of "don't worry about it" car. It just runs. Doesn't look all that special, but it's not ugly. Doesn't go really fast, but it's more than fast enough. It's so easy to drive, you just think where you want it to go and it goes. Mileage is good. Trunk space is great. Just an all around neat-o car. Not bad for a first car at all.

EDIT - Just don't get all fast and furious with the body kits and the NAAAWZ, ok? And if you put a Type R sticker anywhere on that vehicle, I will find you and cut you.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

awww, man. why'd you have to go and say that milo? i've already got the fuel regulation system in, and i've already paid for the superchargers! may be i can cancel the order for that japanese body kit if i act fast enough...

<edit> i'm joking, just thought i'd make that clear

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Icairus, some people, even the male ones, never drive fast. I have a freind, an old outlaw biker, who drives like a little old lady. In a car at least. I have another friend who has never been higher than 5 - 10% under the speed limit his entire life. I hate riding with him.

I have never been like that. I am 59 & still getting speeding tickets. I have little hope of it ever getting better. My mom still gets speeding tickets too.

Take up racing if you like to go fast. A lot of fun. It will make you a MUCH better driver. Even when not at high speed. Having done it with a roll bar at 100 + makes spinning out & rolling over much less scary. Understanding the physics of what is happening helps too.

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Why bother with such trivial things as speeding tickets? Just come up with a perfect excuse. "Officer, I'm sorry I was speeding, but my speedometer isn't working properly so I don't know exactly how fast I was going." Ah, the joys of driving a 1981 Chevy El Camino.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Being a fairly inexperience (2.5 years) driver myself, I can understand the attraction of speeding, but I honestly don't know why people are compelled to do it. I stick to the limit, I don't run red lights, and you know what my reward is? No accidents, no tickets and no fines. When you factor in the amount traffic lights are everywhere, speeding doesn't do much for you anyway.

Here's an interesting story - there was a test done in Australia once, to test the benefits of speeding, or something like that. Basically, they got two people to drive from Brisbane to Melbourne in identical cars. One was supposed to drive as fast as possible, ignoring road rules etc, the other was supposed to stick to the limit etc. The distance between Melbourne and Brisbane is about 2000km. Difference in time to reach their destinations? A measly 3 hours.

On another note, I swear, it seems to be an American tradition for parents to buy their children their first car.

11. Icairus

Icairus New Member

No, it is an American tradition for the parents to give the children their old car that they would have had to pay the dealer to take away, and buy themselves some fancy midlife crisis car.
    Or at least that is how it worked in my hizzie

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

The only time that I really speed is on the highway because if you don't speed there, you're more likely to get into an accident. It's technichally speeding, but you're moving with the flow of traffic which is how people rationalize it to themselves that they're not really doing anything wrong.

13. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I'm not positive on this, so don't rely solely on my word, but I'm pretty sure that highway speeds are SUGGESTIONS and not actual laws, and that if its clear weather, and you get pulled over for speeding (unless your doing 20+ miles of posted) you can tell the officer you thought it was safe to up your speed because the road was clear and clean... though don't quote me on that... I know it works locally, but country wide? that's questionable. it's not an American tradition for adults to buy thier kids cars, I'm going to be buying my own car, and I have to WORK to get the money, unlike you rich snobby bastards who are given cars. :/

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

there ARE places where the signs read Maximum SUGGESTED Speed Limit, but even then you have to know where to look for that because the signs are almost identical. i think it may only be in certain states, but i know the higway patrolmen expect you to remain within 10 mph of that.

look it up on google or something the next time you find youself UNABLE TO DRIVE TO AGE. :lol:

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Matt, where the hell do you live? If it is anywhere in the USA, I really hope you find something else to smoke before you get your car. Two MPH over the limit is illegal, as in law, but you won't get pulled over for it. At 7 over you probably will. At 20 over, you WILL get a ticket, or if you are a pretty girl, there may be other options....

In most states traffic tickets are infractions rather than misdemeanors. Is that what you were thinking?

I have been driving scince the early '60s & have gotten a speeding ticket every year or two. Only speeding, I am not a traffic scofflaw, just a lead foot. I have learned a few things in that time, but my right foot has not.

16. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Here in cleveland its ok to drive 3 - 5 mph over the limit and I do it all the time because I like speed. (Not the drug.)
    And as far as tickets go... I've only gotten one for not paying the parking meter and I was only inside the store for 2 mins just to get a lottery ticket! :-o

17. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

I sell youse an 84 Honda Accord for tree-hundred bucks, runs beautifull, only needs a paintjob

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

did you win? if you did you could just strike that bad experience off as a net gain.

19. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I won a free ticket. :???: But I drive a NEW Ford GMC truck
    which my great aunt (which of whom was my guardian till I was eighteen) bought me and paid in full.

Gotta love rich reletives. ;)

Our Host!