Levered Machinegun?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Antoninus, Sep 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Where the frick is the Schematic for the Levered Machine gun? I know it exists because I saw it once in the game but unfortuneately I anihilated it with magic on accident a split second after seeing it. Plus I've seen it in the Item Slideshow on the Terra Arcanum site. So where the frick is it?!

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Well, I don't want to make an absolute statement here, but I don't think there is such a schematic. I've never seen it in the game, I couldn't find it listed in the relevant game files, and I seem to recall reading on this board or some other that it doesn't exist. The weapon itself exists (though not in the game), but there is no corresponding schematic.

I think.

Are you modded?

3. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

No, I was in Vendigroth and I was blasting Mechinations with magic and I accidentally destroyed a crate and I saw LEVERED MACHINE GUN sitting on the ground unfortuneately my attention wandered enough to accidentally hurl a DESINTIGRATE spell at it and bye bye gun.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, according to this link:
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... machinegun

Seems that the schematic could be bought, unless I don't understand what Jinxed's saying. Try out the Tarant University, or all those techdealers and gunsmiths. It could also be a good idea try doing Maxims quest in Caladon.

Otherwise... hacking seems to be the only alternative.

Sources seems to be very unsure on this though. What's the matter with this gun?

EDIT: (looks above) Oh, ehum, I guess you that you could do a trip to Vendigroth as well, ehrm...

5. Canis

Canis New Member

No, I believe you are mistaken. Try returning to Vendigroth and look for it again. The item simply does not exist in the game files. There are other schematics in the ruins, and a couple of rifles, but no levered machine gun schematic.

You've now raised another issue in my mind: If you knew where you saw the schematic, why did you ask where you could get one? Or have I completely misread your post?

EDIT: Dark Elf, that thread confused the levered machine gun with the mechanized gun.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Gah, I've been quite a useless source of information then, haven't I? :ponder:

Well, further investigations on Google are also pushing me towards that conclusion - the LMG was never put in the maingame, though it could easily be placed in a mod or hack.

Here are the .mes codes for all equipment:
    http://users.senet.com.au/~dbschah/reso ... tm#weapons

Taken from there:
    {6107}{Levered Machine Gun}

7. Canis

Canis New Member

Exactly. Like I said,

IIRC I hacked it into a background once, but it wasn't very impressive. I believe it has a nice unique inventory graphic though.

8. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

I KNOW the gun was there, I saw it. I vaporized it on accident but I KNOW what I saw and it was a levered machinegun.

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Actually in your first post you said (implied, suggested, whatever) that you saw and vaporized the schematic for the levered machine gun.

The solution remains the same, no matter what it is you're looking for. Reload or restart, go to Vendigroth, and find the gun again. Oh, and post a screenshot, I'd like to know where it is as well.

10. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

I wouldn't mind knowing myself. I've just been all over Vendigroth and I can't find anything quite like it, other than plans for Droch's Warbringer, a couple of Vendigrothian large bore rifles, and enough tech gear to make two warbringers. That's about all the firearms I can find there. (useless to the particular character I am playing, anyway!).

Besides, who needs a levered (or mechanical) rifle when you have a tesla gun? (Okay, so I love being Captain Elektrik... sort of like General Electric but not quite as big)

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

may be its only on that one guard for some bizarre development reason (the developers were idiots?)

12. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

The developers were pretty good about catching mistakes in Arcanum, so I doubt it was a mistake. Id post a screenshot if I knew how to GET the screenshot and get it up here AND had a character that was IN or could get to Vendigroth,

13. Stuart

Stuart New Member

You can get/make screenshots by pressing F12. The rest you'll have to do yourself. ;)

-Stuart

Our Host!