HELP!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PiRaNhA, Aug 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PiRaNhA

PiRaNhA New Member

i summoned a stupid FAMILIAR, and now i cant get rid of it, HOW DO I GET RID OF IT!!!, PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    There are three alternatives:

1) Have some monsters kill it.

2) Kill it yourself.

3) Keep it. Those bastards are quite good at fighting, IIRC.

But no, you can't unsummon it.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

3. PiRaNhA

PiRaNhA New Member

Thank you, just for the record, so u know, im not a newb, ive been playing ever since the first release day!, i just never summonded before!

How can i kill it, i cant even attack it!

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You can't? Well, I've never tried to slay my own summons...

Just for my curiosity, why would you even want to kill it? It's always nice to have someone else take the beating...

But if you really want to get rid of it, just hope for that it will go and get itself killed in some fight. It can't live on forever, after all - especially if you encounter some Seething Masses or other nasties.

Oh, and by the way - if you have questions of this nature in the future, please confine them to the Hints and Tips forum (you can expect this to be moved there anytime soon).

EDIT: Have you tried holding ALT down then attacked it? I'm too lazy to fetch the manual, but I believe ALT forces attacks... you could always give it a shot.

5. PiRaNhA

PiRaNhA New Member

thanx, ill keep everything in mind, i want to kill the familiar, because its damn constant flapping is making my game choppy as hell!

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I think Disperse Magic works. Correct me if I am wrong.

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

ok, I've sommmonded a couple of those myself, and no, they aren't good fighters... they get in your way (my opinion:p) so here's what you do: see the shield icon by your health? the same one you use to chop down doors? click on that, then click on your familar, and then your party will kill it... just a warning: any good-aligned members will get kinda mad, but you can always give a beggar some cash, and make up for it...

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

It depends on your magic aptitude, although if you have the familiar spell its probably kind of high. At 100 magic, you get a lvl 35 one that is master melee. IT's the same for Succour Best, and 0 aptitude, (I was trying t0 play a magic-tech, I died before Tarant) I only got a Wolf, but at 100 magic, I got a Vorpal Bunny. Hehe, :D I love bunnies. You know what I figured out. I'm doing a beastiary, and I noticed that bunnies are stronger than any other farm animal.

9. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

Shadygrove you are, as usual, correct... disperse magick is a lot more useful than you would think, it is essential to get rid of elementals etc if the reflection shield trick has been used (but you will have it if you have reflection shield anyway). if you didnt have it you wouldnt be able to talk to most merchants unless you attack them...

10. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

you DO know that there is a row of buttons across the top showing the five (six?) summoned creatures you have, and you can disperse them using that... right? and btw, Familars are the only creature I've run across that doesn't show up in the window up there... yea... and I'm currently a level 60 tech-mage who is VERY well off...(I've got over 100k, and VERY good gear for me, Torian Kel, Virgil, and... shit... I forget who else I have... I haven't played in like three weeks...

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Matt, that's because familiars are permanently summoned, they don't have a continuous (murdered spelling, I know) fatigue upkeep like the spells that would go into the boxes. But if you do the reflection shield trick, you cast a spell like succour beast, then cast reflection shield, then cancel the first spell, then cancel the shield, the spell you cast becomes permanent. However, it's box dissappears so it can't be cancelled easily, you usually need disperse magic.

12. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

No, you got the spelling right. :thumbup:

Our Host!