My day at the driving centre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Aug 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

Well, from the way he described this bitch, this was supposedly a Caucasian woman, late 40's, slackjawed, driving an SUV, divorced and lives with her children, who weighs over 170lbs. Seems more like a super-beast than a bitch :lol:

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Question is: Does Milo really care?

:D

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

well besides California and virginia i've also lived in england, new jersey, (i was born in canada), and also TEXAS, and LOUISIANNA. and i dont necessarily mean you, but in louisianna i encountered quite a few idiots in raised/lowered/tricked out pick up trucks speeding along like mario fucking andretti, and of course they have confederette flags on their hoods, or on bumber stickers, or on their rear windshield. so you might not fit this description, but if you do, you probably drive like a wacko.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well, you'll find people like that just about everywhere (except for the part with the rebel flag. That seems to just be around the South for some reason :D ).

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

What's the difference?

I'm sorry for you.
    Quick tip: move. ASAP.
    To someplace further North.
    Moving West of Texas is also an acceptable option.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Sheesh, the South is stereotyped worse than just about anywhere else. I am proud to be from the South.

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

It isn't a stereotype if it's true!* Phoenix, are you scared of the CHUJ or something?

Probably not true.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Well, in general it's not true. You will find some people that fit that stereotype (so I guess it's not a stereotype in their case :D ), but we're just normal people for the most part. Haha, I'll have to swing by Chuj tonight.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i agree, it isnt all people from the south, just a LARGE GROUP of people from the south. i really liked texas while i was there. texas is a great place for mexican food, as well as american barbeque, and the people in texas are very friendly, (if you look past the extreme right wingedness of a lot of them). and i dont have anything against tennessee but the stereotype exists for a reason. being from the south is nothing to be proud of, but then nationality, race, and place of residence are nothing to be proud of either. doing something constructive is something to be proud of, being able to say "i was born in canada but the rest of my family is from new jersey and i dont remember any of canada because i was half a year old when we moved away, but i do remember new jersey and i'm proud to say i didnt live in trenton! i lived in long valley, a scenic rural area with many indigenous species of..." etc. what i'm trying to say is race, place of residence, and ethnic background have nothing to do with you, its just where/what you are, so how could you be proud if it wasnt your choice? its like racism in reverse.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I believe you most certainly can be proud of your heritage. It is often times a part of your upbringing. I was raised to be a southern gentleman. I admit, I am not the gentleman I would like to be, but I do try. I wouldn't have been raised to be such if I wasn't from the South. So yes, I believe you can be proud of where you are from.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

I couldn't! It was two solid lanes of traffic. The guy behind her (and the guy behind him) weren't giving up any room. In fact, I think they rode the guy behind me onto the freeway onramp too, cause he was trying to change lanes, just like I was.

EDIT - also, the "woman" that cut me off wasn't a 40's overweight SUV driving soccer mom. She was not white, but I'm not sure what she was, and she was driving a little red car. I find a lot of people in little cars don't like it when SUVs get in front of them.

Jeez, I used to wonder when I first started driving why some people never signal their lane changes, even in heavy traffic. It wasn't til later that I learned why. BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL NOT LET YOU GO. At least that's my experience driving here in California. Fucking Assholes.

For what it's worth, my family from Virginina/North Carolina said the drivers were much more conscientious back home, and that driving here whether in the city or on crowded freeways was a white-knuckle experience. My aunt's boyfriend even commented once during a visit that it seems like no one'll give you shit here; You have to take it. You want to change lanes? You're lucky if they don't speed up to stop you. But they WILL NOT back off and let you slide in. They'll at best let you TAKE IT IF YOU DARE.

Anyway, of course it's not always like this. But it happens enough every day for me to say that the stereotype of Californians being bad drivers has some truth to it. I hear Oregon's even worse. Scary.

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

california's pretty bad, but at least they're sober. you should see those southern gentlemen at the end of another n-word killin, women raping hard days work. it turns into a drunk driving night. this is first hand observation you're getting here, drving in lousisianna i saw many a car driving very slowly or very fast, and swerving from side to side. not amazingly often, but often enough to leave me disgusted.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It is an established fact that the Middle East is the worst place in the world to drive, and that Egypt is the worst place in the Middle East, and that Cairo is the worst place in Egypt. Although all the debris in Baghdad would probably prove a challenge as well.

Still, you really haven't seen bad driving on a consistent basis till you've been there. It's like the standard. They have to put up signs warning you about upcoming traffic lights, roundabouts are everywhere (multilane motherfuckers 70 metres in diameter with huge statues in the middle in some cases) and lax traffic laws. Seatbelts are only required in the front seat, which means you literally get multiple babies crawling on the dashboard. Ever seen someone stop in the middle of a roundabout and start reversing because he missed his exit? How about cutting from the centre lane, across four lanes of heavy traffic going over the speed limit (taking on a packed bus in the process)? Really, if you think where you live is bad (unless it's the Middle East of course) the Middle East is worse. Some countries are just as bad in certain areas, but no region is as consistently bad as the Middle East.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yes well hasnt my countries present government established the fact that every country in the world other than the USA is full of muslims, homosexuals, and drug addicts? so piss off foreigner, this is between jesus's chosen ones. i.e. the americans. :razz:

15. xento

xento New Member

Don't you mean 'mostly meaning the USA' instead of 'not including the USA'?

Besides, the Jews are the apple of God's eye. We're kind of a rotten grape...

16. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

The so called southern gentleman driving around drunk aren't southern gentlemen. Also, I've lived in Tennessee all my life and on very few occasions have I seen people driving around I would say are drunk, so maybe it is different in Louisiana.

17. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

People who don't know the spellings of places they've lived in are funny (i.e. Sleek_Jeek's "Louisianna"). Imagine if you lived in this hamlet in Wales: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. That's 58 letters!

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Since they invented the name for the sole purpose of becoming a tourist trap, they bloody well better know how to spell it. Anyway, there's a song that helps you remember how to pronounce it, and the one good thing about Welsh is that if you can pronounce it, you can spell it.

19. gargob

gargob New Member

Sleek Jeek you do know that the chosen ones are the Jews right?

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

INFIDEL! according to our leaders, george bush, tipper gore, colin powell, only white anglo saxon protestants have any place in gods kingdom. at least colin powell had the sense to serve us.

besides i'm being sarcastic.

Our Host!