US Attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jureel_Krix, Sep 11, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

No one outside of US can really answer such question with any credibility. Moreover, in my opinion, speculating about this would be offensive towards those who lost their lives and their families.

2. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

I'm not sure annihilation of an entire civilization would be appropriate at this point (or any point realy), and we're not exactly sure what hit us yet. I think, just like the US there are many decent innocent people amongst the Palestine and it would be heinous to destroy them. After a clearing my head and giving it some consideration I think the best thing to do would be to force these small countries into coughing up all of their terrorist organizations and executing the terrorists.

Dragoon,
    Someone else alot earlier in this thread mentioned that the thread in general was disrespectful to suffering families. I have continued, not in disregard for their opinion, but feel that mine and others concerns being expressed in this thread goes to show that we realy are worried and that they are not alone. It would be insanely scary, especialy for those suffering, if there was no mention of this anywhere, if no one cared, but I agree, the question was rather inane and couldn't realy be answered honestly.

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I referred it to Jewish coments. Unfortunaltely many extrmists have power in Israel and Israel already stated it will grant ANY help by ANY means possible. Sounds scary doeasn't it? To me it seems like these extremists would just love to get a green light for sweeping Palestinians. Also an ambassador of Israel in Poland stated, while giving reasons for this attack, that it happened bewcause US joined Israel in leaving human rights conference. He declared that that conference was a victory of international terrorism (he probably referred it to the declaration condemning Israel).

Often, but definitely not always, those countries can't deal with terrorists themselves because their governments are too weak. Hene I'd rather opt for helping authorities in these countries to establish strong governments which would manage executing law instead of just appealing for peace.

I referred offensiveness only to trying to answer that single question of yours by someone from outside the US who has no relatives/firends there. Besides it I am all for discussing the topic. I would be a hypocryte claiming otherwise after all I have written on the topic myself.

One more thing on the terrorism question in general. If it could be done (but I know it will never be possible) I'd like to take all the extremists from every single country on this planet and put them in some uninhabited, remote, unaccesible by ordinary means area where they could joyfully murder each other without endangering other people.

4. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Dragon,
    I'm not confident in the intelligence of our leaders here in the States. There are lots of people in the news claiming that this is the begining of war. It doesn't have to be, the United States could work hand in hand with the Middle East or whatever countrie(s)to find and extract all their terrorists. Like you said backing up their governments so they have something to defend themselves with against terrorism. It seems a bit outlandish especialy with Palestines cheering over yesterday's ordeal, but I believe could be accomplished. It would be much more rational than just simply blowing something up without any regard.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I just heared they caught some arbas in the US (5 I think) with arabic flight instructions for US flight planes. The whole world is condemning the Attacks, but US always retalated in the past, and this probably will be no exception, the stock martket all year lows, this is a smack in the face that will be smacked back ten fold
    As I said before all I see in the future is more death, I don't think the US will come up with a better or another way of solving problems, they have their own people at hand who are blood thirsty, they want revenge and if the goverment won't supply it won't be so swell. But I guess who can blame them?
    But TOny Blair makes me laugh he said that "this is an attack on the democracy of the world" hmm everyone knows that demcracy is a joke an old cliche to keep the apes in line

6. neios

neios New Member

silent for long enough

i've been lurking this forum for quite awhile. instead of getting angry at all of the small-minded individuals that have at various times looked down their upturned noses at the US and spewed off whatever ignorant garbage is currently in vogue, i've laughed at the irony of their arrogance in calling the US arrogant.

Yeah, I'm a patriot too, and I fervently believe that the US is the best country around. And being at the top of the food chain (I say this out of arrogance and accuracy), you have to expect those who are not so fortunate to point out and magnify your every flaw. So I continue to laugh at Australians who decry our 'capitalist state' as their tourism commercials flood my television, and polish 'historians' that refuse to cite any sources more substantial than their own opinions.

Opinions. Hate America if you want to, it's your right and it would seem to currently be in vogue.

However, none of you highly intelligent people have been able to lower your noses from the sky long enough to realize that WHOEVER attacked my country and city yesterday, no matter who or what they believed in, attacked civilians. And don't give me that 'collateral damage' crap the world so enjoys throwing back in our faces. When we attack military targets and Hussein buses in women and children to surround them, we are still performing a military act. When we bombed Japan's population centers, we were in the midst of a war which we ENDED there and then and consequently saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians.

The bastards who did this to my city yesterday, be they Muslim, Americans or Aliens, attacked with the sole intent of destroying the lives of innocent people.

None of you America-bashing, snobbish 'historians' were here yesterday while your office was shaking, wondering if you would ever see anyone you loved or cared for again.

I don't care who the first terrorists were, who trained them, or who my government supported. My people were slaughtered yesterday, and you insensitive idiots can thumb your nose at us all you want.

We will survive, we will still give you all good reasons to hate us for our arrogance, and we will exact a toll in blood and justice for this unwarranted attack on our innocent people.

7. Wookie7

Wookie7 New Member

"The United States has also criticized Israel for its policy of killing the leaders of the Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation in the West Bank and Gaza."
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/2001082 ... _dc_1.html

That's what I found in a quick search. I remember Powell saying some critical words, but I don't remember the exact dates. If anyone wants to find more, go ahead and do some research. Or continue to assume what you will.

Many criticize Israel for targeting terrorist leaders. I only decry their methods of using missiles that could kill bystanders. However, I ask this: why is it ok for Palestinians to use suicide bombers to get their message across, but when Israel attacks and kills those responsible for ordering those attacks, they are condemned? I have no sympathy for those responsible for ordering the deaths of hundreds yet are too cowardly to do the work themselves.

Yes, the current state of violence in the Middle East was sparked by stupid grandstanding by an Israeli politician. He wasn't the Prime Minister then, but he is now. But, prior to that, Arafat walked out of the peace accords at Camp David. The Israelis were offering about 80-90% of the Palestinians demands. That wasn't good enough for Arafat. International diplomacy and compromise takes more than one of the parties offering concessions.

Ah, Dragoon, the slavery issue from the racial conference. I notice the Arab nations don't have to apologize for their role in slavery. Yes, ALL nations were in on it. And no mention of the West African nations that were selling their own people into slavery before whitey showed up. Apologizing is one thing, singling out one nation or ethnicity for the sins of all is hypocritical.

Actually, the reason that Germany fought England and France in WW2 is that they stood by their treaty obligations and declared war on Germany when it attacked Poland. They couldn't help much because Poland collapsed so quickly under the blitzkrieg, though the Polish military fought with amazing courage (the charged tanks with horses and lances).

FDR is often accused of selling out Eastern Europe. Maybe he did. Not sure what he could have done differently in the face of the huge juggernaut known as the Red Army that was already in Poland. About the only other solution would be to go to war with a former ally and drop some A-bombs on them, even though the 2 dropped on Japan were all we had at the time. Besides, does anyone living in Europe really think that the US dropping some nukes would have been good for them?

Geez, am I off-topic or what?

As for the US destroying all Palestinians, please remember that though the US is a powerful nation that has just been wounded, we want to make sure the proper madmen are held accountable. Just because some idiot teens are dancing for the cameras does not mean that they nor any Palestinan should be killed. Besides, it may not even be terrorists from the Middle East.

My, this is a lively discussion. I hope I'm not offending anyone, particularly Dragoon and Jinxed. It's enlightening for me to hear the views of those different from mine, particularly from people outside the US. Forces me to look at my own information and beliefs more closely, and I hope I am able to do the same service for others. :grin:

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

neios: What is yer problem? Are you a clone??
    What you need to do is go to the Himalayas and never come back. What I hate in modern history is that it is modern, We look at the facts past with clouded eyes just like you
    (FBI allowed drugs distibution in the US to have the gangs pop them selves to death what they did not think is what happened drugs everywhere US= biggest consumer) now with facts like these can you call yourselfs patriots??? YOU SWINE. neios you are a swine.
    How very thoughtful of you to say that the US is the BEST! Yes it is a tradegy, but there had been tradegys in the past it is only that this has happened now. So take a cold shower lardo, watch some tv and take a load off, 'cause what we do not need now is angry americans seeking to kill thos responsible!! e.g. Wanna make a hunt like you did in the past for the afrom american commiunity? I do not know why you are so impulsive maybe it has something to do with
    the Hotdogs or Burgers.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Polish stupid hiatorians?
    Is was the same stupid Poles that rescued your people from Iraq so Fuck you.

10. neios

neios New Member

or maybe, you moron, it has something to do with the fact that i'm at work, blocks away from the dead. and i had to travel through their rubble graves to get here, and i will have to go home and live my life blocks away from where their lives were ended?

i'm swine? fine. the US is the greatest nation on the planet? fine too. like i said, Mr. Factual Historian who still hasn't cited any startling new facts but continues to spew out the American Isn't So Great party lines left and right, everyone is entitled to opinions.

Hard facts, however, might be harder for you to swallow with your nose in the air like that, and even harder for your small, insensitve mind to digest. And they are as follows:

1. We will overcome and rebuild
    2. We will continue to be the most prosperous, most powerful nation on the earth
    3. We will find who is responsible and bring them to justice, be they individual or country.

oink oink

11. neios

neios New Member

and thanks for that Iraq thing

let's just take the WWII dealie and continuing economic support and call it even, yes?

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

it is too bad there is no bigger nation than you to hold you responsible for anything that is why these people have to resort to something as terrible as that. They are psychos thinking that will change anything.
    But with a nation like yours with and ego that ugly as YOU have shown nothing will ever work you will never change. you will never part with the role of world moderators or world police.

13. neios

neios New Member

it's funny how nobody at 1 or 2 World Trade Center that I know of ever decided to act as a global police officer. and now they're dead.

but you don't get that, do you? your still mad because I call the US the greatest nation on Earth.

What's your favorite nation, historian? Poland? How ironic! Are you willing to see your family decimated because your government angered some genocidal fanatics?

Maybe if your history would become my reality, you'd see how snobbish and stupid your insensitivity and ignorance makes you look.

But I don't wish that on you. Your immaturity and lack of perspective isn't enough to justify going through this horror.

Nothing is.

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

was it you neios that said the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs very ok?
    Now that is no way to end a war, everyone knows what the real purpose was of the bombs,
    so please also think of the innocent people that died, and the radiation, the broken lives,I think the aboms were one of the biggest blunders of mankind. Pleasr stop saying that it was right or something

15. Calis

Calis Member

If you're planning to degrade this thread and turn it into a pissing match over who's country is better... don't. I mean it. Really. Seriously. That means you two, Jinxed and neios. So knock it off. NOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-09-12 16:10 ]</font>

16. bronco01

bronco01 New Member

this is an emotional time in our nation.. and NOBODY should even try to justify the death of many innocents by whatever reasons..

however, i can understand that these death are the same thing what most countries in the middle east face almost everyday.. i read somewhere that in iraq, at least 2 generations were wiped out because of the economic sanction.. in palestin, who knows, thousands dead every month..

what i'm saying is, there is enough innocent dead because the decision of a few ppl who think they know what best for their country, race, or religion. i just hope that our government does not jump the gun too soon, because we were wrong in okhlahoma bombing last time. god bless america.

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I do not have a favourite nation, I think the closest would be Japan. And I'm not blaming the Us an their succes. Frankly if the US went down, the whole world would follow, that is not the point. You seem narrow minded thinking only of what is now!
    Typical. Please, do not have children, because if they will carry on your attitude, the world will surely perish. Europe had it'a share of wars, as you had too dropin napalm on vietnam what was the point in that war hmm? Another patriot american act? Please. All my negatice directed post toward the american attitude are directed to YOU and only to you because you have no shame.

18. neios

neios New Member

did you learn how to read in historian school, Mr. Historian? If so, go back and try to read my posts again. Then go back and read about WWII. That was the one where we had to help the other Allies free your country, remember?

i've already paid my respects to the victims of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I've also stood above the submerged deck of the USS Arizona with my fellow human beings from Japan and paid my respects to the soldiers who were lost in the attack on Pearl Harbor. Both were horrible acts of war. But no matter what you choose to believe, the US dropped atomic bombs in Japan, our enemy in a declared war, to halt its means of production, demoralize a populace that seemed willing to die fighting our soldiers rather than surrender which they did immediately after, and to stop the war. And that's the extent to which I think the bombing was 'very okay'.

Yesterday's slaughter had no such goals.

Reading is both fun and informative, Mr. Historian. Much more so than media regurgitation.

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

sorry Calis if he will stop the same goes for me as from now. no more post like that.
    Gomenasai

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hey I was writing when you wrote it so please don't shout my head hurts.
    our post missed each other look at the time

Our Host!