In Case You Didn't Know...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowmane, Jul 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, you do that. Then see how much I flame you for doing so.

Time for you cheapasses to start laying out the cash for quality games. Oh no, not 20 dollars! I got ripped off, because someone else got a mini-cheat book with it as well! Woe is me...

If you've got more than one thing to say, Sleek_Jeek, put it all in the one post. Copy-paste is a marvelous function.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

how old are you? like 50? calm down man, you're an administrator and your just about the number one flamer on this whole forum!

all this flaming is makeing me hungry
    i mean come on, theres more flaming going on here than there was the last time the village people got together for a reunion

3. Settler

Settler Member

Ah, experienced number one flamer. Experienced.

It means he has free reign over the little people.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? How old are you, anyway?

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Since the topic appears to have digressed into three or four subject areas, I'd just like to propose a question based upon one of those aforementioned areas; We have two moderators (Jinxed and Snowy), one pseudo-journalistic anchorman (Jarinor) and one coder (Calis). However, I seem to remember Persephone being promoted to a Terra Arcanum Staff posting. What, pray, would that position be, since I can't rightly remember?

And Sleek, Age has nothing to do with anything on the internet, save for the ability to remember 'the good old days' and luring underage children to their doom via chatrooms. It's all about experience. And Jarinor is about as experienced as they come, as well as a little grumpy at times.

However, before making any retaliatory or imflamatory comments aimed at any member of this community, experienced or otherwise, I'd advise getting to know you subject better because you are just going to arouse hostility towards yourself or just make yourself look like a total 'newbie' prat.

I see absolutely no malice within this piece of litterary work what so ever. Especially given the snide and sarcastic remarks subtly embedded within it's context. There is no flaming within said text at all, but there is a witty and well placed rebuff to all those complaining about the price of games today.

As for this piece of helpful and benign advice I can say no more than pay attention to it for it would be worth your while.

This is about the most hostile this thread gets and it was made by yourself. Either learn to appreciate the subtle contexts of the existing users to learn to become more tolerant and abiding of the other members of this forum.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

It depends on where you are compared to GMT. For half the world, it's Sep 12, for the other half it's Sep 11 (never forget).

Happy future birthday, btw. Mine's only a few days before yours. We could get together, drink up, and shove bottles upp german tourists' butts.

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

[quote="Sleek_Jeekhow old are you? like 50? calm down man, you're an administrator and your just about the number one flamer on this whole forum!
    [/quote]

he wouldn't flame you if you didn't give him a fucking reason to... :)

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

1. It was not a german tourist, it was a student that goes in the other class that was with us on this trip.

2. It was not me who shoveled that bottle upp his arse. and it was not shoveled into his butthole, just real close. M

3. Hey is it the fifht?

We had this really interesting disscusion the morning after.

Guy who owned the bottle: I think i have been drinking alot of this bottle tonight.
    My friend: "I think that bottle has been upp Oles arse."
    Guy who owned the bottle: oh fuck.

8. xento

xento New Member

Sleek, you know why Jar seems like he's 50? Because he's got this thing called intelligence, which is something you lack.

In a similar respect, Ferret seems to be 30-40, due to his vast knowledge. Some people around here (including myself at times) seem a decade and a half at most, and often not even that much.

Qil, that's the problem with beer bottles; you can ever tell if they have been shoved up an ass already or not, due to their coloring.

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

It was not a beer bottle, it was old danish.

It has a much darker coloring. I think it is about 40% aswell, good thing we did not try to pour it all around.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Two stories regarding bottles and arses from my uni days.

1. The beer.

A group of people on my corridor got really, really drunk. One threw up ALL OVER the bathroom. Couldn't use the bathroom. Group decided to piss in all the empty bottles instead then left them in the corridor. Group really pissed now. Group decided to raid floor below for more beer. Did so. Floor below were really pissed too and got pissed off so raided our floor for beer in retaliation. Took all the bottles they could find. Took the ones from the corridor in fact. Floor below drank half of them (about 20 bottles between 8 people) before realising it wasn't beer. :lol:

2. The arse.

The best way two of my friends from uni found for giving up smoking was thus: By new packet of cigarettes. Give said packet to friend. Friend took out random cigarette, stuck filter end up own arse then put cigarette back. Gave packet back. Considering there is an increasing chance of smoking butt-fag it cuts down that craving significantly. :)

11. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Snowmane, there's a simple way to stop Gravedigging, if a post is so old it would be considered gravedigging to reply to it, then Modify it (lock it) so no-one can post on it anymore.

So simple its flawless.

12. gamenut

gamenut New Member

i'm pretty sure the mods don't have the time to go through all of the old posts and lock them.

13. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Yeah, because I really have the time to go through 54 pages in the General Discussion, and 64 in the Hints and Tips, locking all old threads. Why didn't I think of that brilliant idea before? It is flawless. So flawless, that it makes me want to jump out of a tenth story window. More importantly, why can't people just remove their heads from their asses, and NOT POST in topics that are old. It would eleminate a need for me to lock any threads if people just thought for a second or two before they posted.

14. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Ok, i'll explain further "Write A Program" that automatically locks threads after, say, 3 weeks, it is'nt hard, just wipe the whole site clean, install the program and voualla, no more grave digging!!!!!! :rifle: Duh :minigun:

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, that is such an obvious and practical solution, why hasn't it been done already? Oh wait, I remember now. One, it's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day. Two, I've already suggested a similar solution, which was agreed upon in principle but never carried out (as the need for it disappeared). Third, if people don't fucking gravedig then we won't have to do anything.

Maybe you should look at working for your local government when you become old enough to drop out of school.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

So your rather handy solution to stopping gravedigging is to delete the site? WONDERFUL!! MASTERFUL PLAN!! Now, why didn't WE think of that I wonder? :roll:

17. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

Hmmm, I might have grave dug a few times. When I joined this site it was the first time I've ever read or entered into a forum. Still on L plates.

So sorry for previous misdemeanours and I apologise in advance for future ones!! 0:)

18. xento

xento New Member

I'll ignore the rest, for it's stupidity has already been pointed out, and go after what noone else noticed.

Yes, it IS hard. Probably only Calis could do it, because the rest of us here don't know PHP well enough to make a script that would completely change a mysql table.

19. Calis

Calis Member

Right.
    My guess'd be:

Code:
    SELECT phpbb_topics.*, phpbb_posts.* WHERE phpbb_topics.last_post_ID=phpbb_posts.postid AND phpbb_posts.post_time<[cutoff point] ORDER BY phpbb_posts.post_time LIMIT 0,1
    to get the cutoff point's post id, and then
    Code:
    UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_status=1 WHERE last_post_id<[cutoff point] AND topic_status=0
    Put that SQL in a nice PHP script and you have your anti-gravedig post locker.

20. xento

xento New Member

Shit! I think I actually UNDERSTOOD that! :)
    Or at least what the SQL Query did.

Heck, you could just run it in a query table, instead of creating a script, couldn't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!