Some people are playing with blindfolds on..........

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Parmanian, Jul 15, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

and then they want us to help them out and we don't have the foggiest clue on what there up to....... I don't think they know either with some of the questions we've been asked!

Yep you can search all you want to and won't come up with these questions thats for sure.

Take a look at the site walkthroughs and at least get SOME idea of the game before you post ridiculous questions that we can't decipher!

We got people on a rampage out there killing everything that they see and wonder why things are not working out for them.

Parmanian

2. Canis

Canis New Member

I think, perhaps, that many such people are either totally new to RPGs or they never really managed to understand the concept. They might play a lot of FPS games or whatnot, so whenever they get stuck or frustrated or irritated or scared they just start killing. I had that problem once, the first time I played a CRPG. Torment, the game was, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. (For instance, I think I must have been level 10 before I figured out that I had to click the friggin Level Up button to get any use out of leveling.) Bloodbath in the Mortuary, bloodbath in the Hive, finally ended with a bloodbath in the Brothel before I started over with a much calmer, saner Nameless One.

People just need to, you know, relax, take in the sights, explore all available areas, realize that dialogue is important.... It happens more at the Sierra boards than here, some people start playing the game for the first time and they start like five threads per day asking for advice on EVERY SINGLE thing, they just can't follow the quests at all, and you just want to tell them to shut up and try playing the game already because OBVIOUSLY they're not trying very hard, god. :roll:

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMV

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Did you know you put a V on top of all that spam?

5. Bertromitron

Bertromitron New Member

calm down dude, these people help make the forum more interesting. It's not as bad as spam. wat the hell is wrong with this backstabber guy anyway

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

He's a little anally retentive, plus he missed whilst backstabbing and accidentally rammed that pointy object of his right up his own retentive arse.

Just imagine the humilation.

7. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Blindfolded

Well I log into this site almost everyday, to check the forums and occasionally ask a semi inteligent question, that has probably been asked in one way or another by other people. The Point I am trying to make is simply this...... I usually don't use walk throughs or ask for advice, unless I am confused about something or lost. I enjoy this game and it can be more enjoyable if I figure out somethings on my own. Relying on solely the walkthrough to play the game is like reading the last page of a book first, it takes away from the game and reduces it down to mechanics.

But I must admit that sometimes it is benifitial to use the walkthroughs, just as I used the editor to make my character strong enough to keep the other characters alive.

Overall it is all about balance and having fun, sometimes I follow the script, and other times I just walk around and explore..... So if that makes me blind, then .....Oh Well

8. Bertromitron

Bertromitron New Member

ouch. okay

Our Host!