Arcanum people is afraid of me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lateralus, Jul 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I got a really powerful mage and i brained the 7 most powerful elves from all Arcanum (all above lvl 40) and every time i enter a shop they don't wanna sell me anything and ask me about my followers and say i scare them. Also there's something i can figure out how it works: reaction in brained followers (one of my slaves had 70 while the others had 8, 0 ,-50) and why some of my followers don't use their magick to fight.

2. gargob

gargob New Member

Never heard of that happening can you name the elves.
    Your followers don't use magick cause it is their AI.
    You can steal their loot with unlocking cantrip.

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Depending on what kind of shop your in!

High MA can't buy in techy stores

High TA can't buy in Magick shops

Parmanian

4. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Brained?

What do you mean you brained them? Forgive me for being cluess... Brain washed? or cast a spell? :-?

5. Canis

Canis New Member

I believe he means that he recruited them using the Dominate Will exploit. Ordinarily "to brain someone" is to assault them.

6. masterofthelostcollege

masterofthelostcollege New Member

I'm not really sure of your situation but it seems that you cast 'Dominate Will' on the elven wizards - in that case NPCs may get scared just as they would be if you had a familiar. There IS a point to the train ticket agents asking you whether you have any party members that may require special assistance when boarding a train (e.g. elemental bodied followers, dominated followers, familiars, summoned demons) because people GET SCARED of them. In this case you will have to dismiss the dominated will followers or have them wait somewhere.

By the way, if you did cast 'Dominate Will' on 7 of Arcanum's toughest wizards (e.g.) high leveled, how the #### have you been maintaining the fatigue drain? Especially since high leveled followers drain more fatigue.

7. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

By the way, if you did cast 'Dominate Will' on 7 of Arcanum's toughest wizards (e.g.) high leveled, how the #### have you been maintaining the fatigue drain? Especially since high leveled followers drain more fatigue.

Well, After using Dominate Will i used Refletion Shield on them so that they are my permanent slaves no matter what happens. Some of my wizards use spells like fireflash or shield of protection when attacking but some mage (masters in necromancer black) don't use their spells to attack. However, my mages that mastered white necromancer use healing and halt poison spells whenever its requiered. The other question was about my slaves reaction (70, 28, 8, 0, -50). When I use dominate will on them it always goes to 0 but when we're fighting it goes up or down

Our Host!