I notice something odd.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by CharlesBHoff, Jun 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I notice it at the beginning of the game it you put all your 5 points in stats not
    in skills or magic spells or tech blueprint you can be both a mage and technogry with no pentry at all.

2. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Not exactly . The penalty is called low magic aptitude . Your spells are very weak.

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

true to some extent!

the only skills that are techy are the picklock/repair/firearms/disarm traps.

any other skill does not change your apptitude!

Parmanian

4. Canis

Canis New Member

What?

I just checked on that. The tech trees are the same as the tech skills. Put one point in gunsmithy or lockpicking or explosives or whatever, 5 points. Second point gets you 6 points for a total of 11.

What game are you playing? :/

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I did this by mistake and I have than 17 th level female with all 5 level spells in all college of magic shown about 25 on the magical scale must be sometime of bug as it I add tech blueprint the tech attrud increass.

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

so your lvl 17 and have 5 spells in ALL colleges huh?

well first you have to have WP=18 (thats 10 cps there) then there are 16 colleges thats 16 x 5 = 80 cps!

Something doesn't seem to add up here does it?

I know you had a typo......just funnin' with yah

Parmanian

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I use the character editor to get all the spells than I make than honest mistake there is 16 colleges of magic.

8. -WhiteDog-

-WhiteDog- New Member

Is there some editor to make über-chars to fool around with? Where to find it?

9. Canis

Canis New Member

In the download section of this very website, perchance?

10. backstabber

backstabber New Member

SIGH. cheaters

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I solver the problen by useing the editor to change my magical alignment to 120 which it is the correct one.

12. Canis

Canis New Member

You can avoid such problems entirely by giving yourself extra character points in the editor, instead of adding spells. Then in the game you can spend the points as you wish and your magick/tech aptitude will adjust itself properly.

13. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

heck of a way to make the game easier that it already is!

Parmanian

14. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh pish posh. Nobody's saying we should play all the way through every game with the help of the editor. Nothing wrong with messing around with it at your leisure to try out various combinations which may amuse you, without wasting huge amounts of gametime on it. Why do so many people get all sanctimonious whenever somebody mentions a character editor for a single-player game played in the privacy of one's own home?

I'm all for chatacter editors. And sodomy. Definitely sodomy.

If it weren't for an editor I never would have been able to make it through major chunks of BG2, thanks to all the bugs.

15. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

yep BG2 was buggy and it seemed it was buggier when you went from BG right into BG2. Icewind dale 1 & 2 wer 'nt as bad.

I have nothing against editors, I would just rather play through and spend LOTS of gametime....hehehehe

Its just a game, thats all it is and how you wanna play is your right!

I didn't believe I was (that big word you used) in my statement of making the game easier! it is just fact! just like this forum, its full of all kinds of answers for the gamer. There are as many ways to get something done as there are players out there.

I just like to hear what others have to say about certain areas of the game..........and lets not turn this into a king discussion....hehehe

Parmanian

16. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh it wasn't directed to you or anyone else in particular; I was just venting as I seem to have come across far too many "ooooo you bad cheater you" type posts lately.

If I'd meant to flame you I'd have called you a dipwad and found some way to include you in my endorsement of sodomy. :D

(Um.... That means I was just kidding, no hard feelings, that sort of thing.)

Oh dammit I hate it when my rabbit jumps on my keyboard and toggles fullscreen mode.... Worse than when they jump up and down on the keyboard trying to change what song Winamp is playing.... How do I get it back? F11? :-(

17. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

since we use this forum to find things out, I guess we're all cheaters, including those who are throwing them stones in this glass house!

Parmanian

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Than good character editor also correct some bug in a game. Let say you needed than cetain key to unlock the door to than room but the key was radomly place somewhere than a area behind the lock door you cannot open.

Our Host!